The forum and honesty

Is it like oil and water or do we have every single law abiding driver in Britain posting on here.

Posts about speeding seem to have everyone claiming that they stick to 40mph and will join the firing squad on anybody who doesn`t, I rarely see this in practise as it seems everyone bar Tesco have the boot down.

Nobody seems to have mounted a kerb without being forced onto it.

Nobody has accidentally went down a one way street.

Nobody uses a mobile.

Everybody reverses onto bays first time and have certainly never hit a gatepost or two when swinging confidently into a yard. :laughing:

Nobody’s smoked a spliff at a party.

Any others that nobody has ever did. :question:

I have never ever did any of the above but have seen all happen regularly. :laughing:

Are you completely honest when posting like me :grimacing: or are you scared the profesionals will scythe you down on here. :question: :question:

im with you on this one. i am totally honest on this forum as i belive in telling the truth cos lies will only catch you out later… as i have great fun on this forum picking up people who forgot what they said a year or two ago. if i dont want people to know something then i just dont reply to the thread.

i like to travel at what speed i feel safe, on the A1 i like to go at 56 mph same on all dual carrigeways and if i see speed cameras i slow down. ive im on a 40 road i proberly nip along at 45/50 but slow down if i see a junction i cant quite fully see.

ive got 3 points for using my phone while driving ( which i dont do anymore ).

i eat sandwiches and use my flask while driving.

i dont fully follow the wtd but lucky enough that really isnt a problem in my job. same with hours rules dont really follow that as long as i stick to the max hours given and time off accordinley i find that im normally ok.

Nobody uses a mobile.

Everybody reverses onto bays first time and have certainly never hit a gatepost or two when swinging confidently into a yard. :laughing:

I have never ever did any of the above but have seen all happen regularly. :laughing:

Are you completely honest when posting like me :grimacing: or are you scared the profesionals will scythe you down on here. :question: :question:

Not me - I’m perfect, honestly I am :blush: :blush: :blush:

I have been honest enough to tell all about me hitting a wall with trailer, driving off with attatched air line, taking 100+ shunts to get onto bays after first passing my test, and also driving into a one way street after someone span the sign round the wrong side of the post :smiley: this stuff I gather happens to us all at some point but I dont get the impression that everyone here is a saint, if you have read threads properly you will see there are plenty like me willing to be honest and say yes we’ve effed up :grimacing:

aranger:

Twice that I can recall

aranger:

Not done that one

aranger:
Nobody uses a mobile.

Not done that one

aranger:
Everybody reverses onto bays first time

Now then - when did I last do that in one go… err… err… err…
Still thinking… this may take some time…

aranger:

A few times

ill be the firstto admit if went down one way streets the wrong way, failed to get onto bays first time, mounted kerbs and sped where is houldnt have,

but im also courtious to other road users…unless they are sitting on my tail end indicating they want past on a motorway then ill defo hold them up, did that on wednesday, doing 75, had a civic up my backside doing this got a car next to me and matched that cars speed. its soo temptng to just ram the brakes on and see what happens lol. i was only in a 3.5 ton van btw

jessicas dad:
im with you on this one. i am totally honest on this forum as i belive in telling the truth cos lies will only catch you out later… as i have great fun on this forum picking up people who forgot what they said a year or two ago. if i dont want people to know something then i just dont reply to the thread.

i like to travel at what speed i feel safe, on the A1 i like to go at 56 mph same on all dual carrigeways and if i see speed cameras i slow down. ive im on a 40 road i proberly nip along at 45/50 but slow down if i see a junction i cant quite fully see.

ive got 3 points for using my phone while driving ( which i dont do anymore ).

i eat sandwiches and use my flask while driving.

i dont fully follow the wtd but lucky enough that really isnt a problem in my job. same with hours rules dont really follow that as long as i stick to the max hours given and time off accordinley i find that im normally ok.

My own honesty could be brought into question as when I make a mistake I wouldn`t dream of posting it on here.

For instance last week I came out a yard and turned right not realising it was a one way street or forgetting more like as I came up it to get into the yard.

I blamed it on the fact no sign was outside or inside said yard telling me to remember. :unamused:

Luckily only one car came up giving me the V sign which jogged my memory and I reversed swiftly back up. :laughing:

That could have been extremely dangerous and if it had been witnessed by a driver on here it would have been a five pager of flipping idiot with nobody admitting to the same.

Should we have a not so professional drivers area where we can freely post mistakes for a laugh without fear of terrible retribution. :laughing:

I dont think there is enough bandwidth on here for all the times i have ■■■■■■ up :smiley: , but like was said earlier if i dont want someone to know something then i dont say anything

aranger:
Is it like oil and water or do we have every single law abiding driver in Britain posting on here.

Posts about speeding seem to have everyone claiming that they stick to 40mph and will join the firing squad on anybody who doesn`t, I rarely see this in practise as it seems everyone bar Tesco have the boot down.

You obviously don’t see many ASDA trucks on your travels you .
I don’t think you are being completely honest either Mr. Perfect. GET A LIFE. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I heard a perfect description:

Everyone who drives faster than you is an idiot…

and

Everyone who drives slower than you is a moron!!

TC

The_Catman:

and

TC

Don’t believe everything you hear, it’s not always true. :wink:

DieselDemon:

aranger:

You obviously don’t see many ASDA trucks on your travels you
I don’t think you are being completely honest either Mr. Perfect. GET A LIFE. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

My honesty and integrity are second to none. :laughing:

My dvd collection of Mork and Mindy episodes is testimount enough to the fact my life is already full of joy and wonder, I resent your attitude and counter your claim that you have never seen my truck while driving for Asda haring it through every town and village north of Carlisle. :wink:

I lie through my teeth all the time. You cannot trust a single word I say. I do not even really live on a park bench.

Depends on the person posting, a lot of people on here are pretty open who they work for, take pics of their truck etc…

A lot of these people ain’t gonna sit and post that they break speed limits, tip off the card or do anything else illegal, while i ain’t as paranoid as some if i had given details of where i work etc… i wouldnt want to risk my boss or some offical figure stumbling across my exploits.

Other people maybe don’t mention who they work for and feel more at ease posting details of their exploits.

OH Harry Monk, I thought you was sat outside
the local drinking a pint of beer, well Dale boy will be
pevved off, then,

aranger:

Nobody uses a mobile.

The official title for what you mention above is collectively know on here as the IHTY Bridage :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing: :wink: :confused:

Which i certainly aint a member of… membership expired 2 years ago (i was kicked out) when i reversed down a one way 7.5 limit street using the bus lane to get to a drop. :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :blush: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

i have also noticed TNUK has a lot of perfect drivers - wish i was one :grimacing:

The_Catman:

and

TC

Wasnt that the 2 Ronnies that said that… :grimacing:

Well as for the spliffffffffffffffffffffff :blush:

The only time I ever had one was by mistake and thats honest.
A porter at the local hosp was in the social club and left his 2tins on the bar, asked him if i could roll a ■■■ just as he was off for a pee he said sure so i roll one :laughing: not knowing one tin has happy backy and the other had normal backy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I think the give away was the waky backy had the green top on it but hell i didnt know till much later :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

nick2008:
Well as for the spliffffffffffffffffffffff :blush:

The only time I ever had one was by mistake and thats honest.
A porter at the local hosp was in the social club and left his 2tins on the bar, asked him if i could roll a ■■■ just as he was off for a pee he said sure so i roll one :laughing: not knowing one tin has happy backy and the other had normal backy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I think the give away was the waky backy had the green top on it but hell i didnt know till much later :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

HAHAHAHA

bet that was a fun night :smiley: