Being new to this site.

…i’ve not as yet read all the forum subjects.

Hence I’d like to ask a driving related question that has very possibly already been flogged to death.

I tend to stick to around 45mph, seemingly enraging fellow professionals.

I stick to 40, if I didn’t I’d be doing more work for the same money.

I don’t care if other people speed (apart from stupidly dangerous speeding) and when I’m in my car I often speed, but when I’m being paid…why hurry?

I always stick to 40.

Our lot give you a rollocking for speeding.We are’nt pressured to get anywhere for a certain time.And even if i was booked in somewhere,i still wouldnt speed to get there.
It makes my wages smaller so whats the point.

What annoys me is firms that pay mop and bucket money are usually the ones that come flying by.

A local firm near me pays £5.80 an hour and one came past me on the A14 like i was standing still. MUPPET!!!

Tony b

:smiley: The 40 limit i cling to. It’s the 50 limit i struggle with.

tonyb…:
A local firm near me pays £5.80 an hour and one came past me on the A14 like i was standing still. MUPPET!!!

:smiley: He’s probably rushing to finish so that he’s not late starting his other professional job - THE OFFICE CLEANER. It’s pays more. :laughing:

It depends on the situation and how many cameras there are on that stretch :slight_smile:.

again, depends on the road etc. take the A36 for example. south of salisbury is fine for speeding in the NSL zones and the police never bother about it but north is a different story. there is often a mobile scamera just south of the A303 interchange and i have spotted a police bike with one a couple of miles after the first roundabout for warminster so i take it easy most of the way along there. if i know i have a long day anyway, i will stick to 40 though much to the annoyance of all the tipper drivers along that road :laughing:

I drive an 8 wheeler on muckshifting, so of course i stick to the limit (or should that say limitER) :blush: :smiley:

I voted 45, because there wernt a 43, which is what i set a cc to (if there is one)! If not cc fitted then i probably veer between 30+50 according to how interesting the scenery is.

gav:
I drive an 8 wheeler on muckshifting, so of course i stick to the limit (or should that say limitER) :blush: :smiley:

Its your licence mate.
You loose it and its no skin off our noses.It just makes the roads that little bit safer.

Tony b

Ruddy hell.

Just looked at me old post history and stumbled upon this old posting.

Well, times have changed (and i’m out 3 nights a week with deadlines to meet).

A roads nowadays (if the road conditions allow) mean i’m pedal to the metal. Covering the miles I do it’s NOT often I come across the 40 m.p.h brigade. Long may that continue. Incidentally, if I do get stuck behind a law abider I begrudgingly respect said driver for sticking to his/her guns…