Speeding

just curious, how many of you exceed the speed limit (dual carriageways excepted)

do you rigidly stick to the limit?,

or only speed, when it’s in your favour, or you feel the need to make up time?

or all the time, because its only way you’ll get the job done

or your company expect’s you to (although they will deny it)?

:question:

weve had this disscussion many times already id uggest doing a search

On dual carriageways with national speed limit, its flat out like just about every other on the road.

Built up areas, 100% law abiding

On single carriageway roads I try and keep to 40 although it is easy to creep upwards.

Funny when I used to drive 13t reefers with alternator fridges and a 150hp engine, I had no problem sticking to speed limits. Then I changed job and got given a 420hp 8 wheeler, lethargic it aint.

no never speed , whats the point :open_mouth: jesus what have i wrote theyll be digging some posts out now, delete , delete :laughing:

I speed if it’s for my own benefit only :wink: .

Went out on an assesment drive yesterday for company local to me…had to sign disclaimer stating I would stick to speed limits at all times whilst working for them!!
Besides its your licence, so your points and fine if the Vehicle you are driving gets caught!! :confused: :confused:

A lot of my work at the moment is for Asda. Does that answer your question? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
A lot of my work at the moment is for Asda. Does that answer your question? :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Which is more frightening, having to restack a trailer full of pallets or a £60 fine and 3 points!!

I don’t speed - full stop, cost me a good few quid to get my licence and I am not going to get points all over it for anyone !!!

Got some abuse for it on the A11 between Thetford & Mildenhall - twice in the last month, guess that either the DoT is doing a badly signed 50mph test zone or the gene pool in that area is a little shallow !!

G

being serious i think its getting now getting difficult to speed on single carriage ways, on the roads i travel on there seems to be a lot more trucks travelling at the speed limit than there was a year ago, i dont know whether points are starting to mount up on drivers licenses, or whether more firms are telling there drivers or whether more drivers just wont take the risk. but there does seem alot more , even mates have been saying it

Mike-C:

Coffeeholic:

Which is more frightening, having to restack a trailer full of pallets or a £60 fine and 3 points!!

Neither worries me. I haven’t had to restack anything (yet) and as I’m not speeding the second one should, I stress should, not happen. :wink: :smiley: