The first time i couldn't fit it in

For the first time ever I said I couldn’t do a delivery today. It was a lock up off of camden high street.
I’ve always done my utmost to get the job done but after my recent accident and weeks suspension I am not taking chances any more if I don’t think it’ll bend round a tight corner safely, I’ll not try too hard.
I walked down to the place to see if he was willing to help hand ball it off (1 pallet of boxes 250kg) he refused and said “we get big trucks in here all the time” I said 40 foot artics “well, no normally big vans”

Dont blame you - when it comes down to it that bloke isnt the experienced driver, as demonstrated by his fantastic description of a big van as a big truck!!

I think its part of the job to assess the drop and see if its achieveable (I’m assuming its not a regular drop).

IMHO its the person on the grounds call. The only two times I’ve ever not managed to do a drop (not bragging I think I’ve just been lucky with the places I’ve gone! :smiley: ) I’ve just got a couple of photos on my mobile showing the reasons why - such as being parked on a near 45 degree slope in the centre of Bath, with the drop requiring cigarette machines (old style heavy wooden things on castors) to come off using a tail lift. Oh yeah did i mention the only bloke other than me at the drop was in a wheel chair!

Mr. B - I thought you were bragging! :open_mouth: :blush: :smiley:

Seriously, you did the right thing by being cautious - we don’t get any brownie points for trying, just chastised when it all goes pear-shaped! :cry:

dead right, you dont get a medal for breaking your knackers to get a tight / risky drop done, but if you take out a pole or a car you get your hind kicked, you need to look after your own interests at the end of the day, A B C, Always Be Covered, no one else is watching out for you.