A bit of a tight delivery

hes a few pictures and a video, of the delivery on friday to barnoldswick, the bloke was a bit shocked on the phone, to find out i was a 40" high cube, and not a drawbar as the place is that tight…
one pub sign was swinging,and a blokes sky dish needs resetting,lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Car thinks, “Eeeek a truck! Run and hide!” :stuck_out_tongue: Haha looks tight in there, bet the locals were happy to see you :wink:

There was a place in that neck of the woods that we used to deliver plasticiser in a tanker. Maybe Robbie’s Dad will remember. They had to put a note through everyones letterbox when a delivery was expected so that they could all move their cars, then you had to drive along a towpath in front of these houses with one wheel almost in the canal :smiley:

Luxury! We used to dream of ‘avin’ tarmac under both wheels! :wink:

(With acknowledgements to Monty Python)

Drive-in, drive-out? Surely, going forwards is a luxury …though pictures of a reverse-out would be fun.

stuff of nightmares, i used to enjoy the challenge of those kind of places , houseing estates, farms, terrace streets, but of late i dreaded it, really fazed me, so now going on straight r.d.c and collection and back runs, feel alot more relaxed already
like one of my mates said, why would anyone want to do that zb for the same monet as one hit and back, he has a point

ady1:
stuff of nightmares, i used to enjoy the challenge of those kind of places , houseing estates, farms, terrace streets, but of late i dreaded it, really fazed me, so now going on straight r.d.c and collection and back runs, feel alot more relaxed already
like one of my mates said, why would anyone want to do that zb for the same monet as one hit and back, he has a point

Know where you’re coming from; but for myself I’d get bored stiff with one-hit motorway trundling, I prefer the variety in my job; and I certainly get it!

It does get boring just trundling up and down the motorways all the time, i look foward to the occasional collection that involves some creative reversing or a trip through some tight villages, keeps it interesting. That just looks like fun to me, can tell the car driver coming the other way was mumbling to himself “what the ■■ is he doing down here” :laughing: Busy city centres are a different matter though where you have hundreds of inconsiderate arses who won’t give you an inch to move, especially when you’ve gotta do something that goes beyond the simple mind of a car driver like go onto the opposite side of the road to swing round or reverse etc.

I dont know about the car driver, I bet the shop keeper was panicking a bit when they saw your cab almost in the shop with them boar… lmao

Weve had bigger than that in ere :laughing:

SWraith:
I dont know about the car driver, I bet the shop keeper was panicking a bit when they saw your cab almost in the shop with them boar… lmao

that was a hair dressers,some woman nearly lost her ear, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s what the job can be about… :laughing: looked good fun from video, better than sittin in an asda wagon on m&s Crewe for 3 hours and counting…I feel some zzZzzzzzZZZzzzz’s coming on night all :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
There was a place in that neck of the woods that we used to deliver plasticiser in a tanker. Maybe Robbie’s Dad will remember. They had to put a note through everyones letterbox when a delivery was expected so that they could all move their cars, then you had to drive along a towpath in front of these houses with one wheel almost in the canal :smiley:

Was that “Armouride”(A&M)?Change of name now,can’t remember to what.Was there 6 years ago with tanker, loads of room now.could park outside overnight.