Tight delivery spaces

Tangerine Confectionery Cleckheaton back in off main road

John Lewis in Oxford Street, London. So far as I’ve seen in driving, the tighest I’ve had to get into, but boy, was she good !! :smiley:

Hipperholme to Cadburys at Bourneville.

South Wales windfarm.

russell2587:
Collection just south of Huddersfield, n/s mirror in the bushes and overhanging roof on o/s, kink at bottom with big tree trunk you can’t see sticking out. Managed it in one wasn’t as bad as I thought. ■■■■■■ pickup driver said he had trouble getting in and was amazed they asked attics to go down. Only way to got stuff on meant 3 inch overhang both sides.

That looks like a fabrication place i went to at honley? Used to load there for tom moorhouse.

another tight lane occupational hazard on farm work but this hedge didnt really bend much !!!

100_1390.JPG

100_1389.JPG

100_1388.JPG

Volvofh16:
Durrans at penistone

This isn’t a delivery point, you’ve just backed into someones front room! :smiley:

Biffa at Tipton took it out of a Billy big balls Ponsonbys driver the other week in his R500, he took around 8 shunts to get round a corner, couldnt, backed up reversed into a skip, then took another 6 shunts to eventually get round the bend, that was with me and another driver trying to help him, poor lamb didnt want to scuff his tyres, cheers mate thats 10 mins of my life i wont get back. :unamused:

Not really tight compared to some of the pictures on here.

No pictures of the actual manoeuvre but here’s where I had to go.

Reverse down the alley on the left hand side which was just about wide enough to get the truck down. Crank it round at the corner and back up to the small shed with the white roof.

Not much room for error otherwise you’re gonna get wet!

Through the gate,off a busy main road in birmingham…

View from the inside…you have to bend it into this gap as there is not enough room to get straight before going in…

In we go…

To make it worse its impossible to get a tri-axle in due to the bollards on the pavement and bus stop on other side of the road,so they send a rear steer urban trailer,which are nigh on impossible to keep in t
a straight line going backwards…anyone who has driven a rear steer will know.

Blimey that looks bad in pic no.1 Couldn’t work out where the bus stop appeared from in pic no.2 but I now see it’s across the main road. At least there’s a bit of length to work with but those ■■■■ bollards, they’re always there to make it more difficult.

Tesco Extra …Greenock…

Boots in Paisley… town shopping centre…its an underground yard with loads of concrete pillers…

if there a will then theres usually a way

if not, get a fork lift on either side of you trailer to lift it and move it as what happened with me at a travis perkins in derbyshire.

also tipping in sheds with tippers is fun, lowering a little for a beam then lifting again.

glad i had a year of driving bin lorries,

This was right job. No way to get artic in so had to use urbans then go down the road and tranship onto 45’ trailer, then go back and stick the gutters back up…

hey guys, would be good to see pics of some of the tight spaces we have to tip and/or load in

i’ll start
this is a hotel off tottenham court road

note the range rover parked opposite, giving me no room to swing the nose round,

Tighter than it looked in Dublin.

Huddersfield, tight blindside, the ramp to the right was about 3" from my back doors

Not tight for me and Pusher, but tight for the vans to get thru (Bristol)

front view (about 4 days we were here)

This was extremely tight, had to pull mirrors in and still nearly skimmed the post. (Portsmouth)

A real pain in the ■■■■ if theres more than 2 of you, no room in front or the trucks to get the swing, then theres the posts to miss (Brighton)

Had a job opening the door here. Leeds.

i have a few candidates for this thread will piccy next time im there