First time on here

HI guys, my first time posting on here. ive been reading the information others have been giving and it all looks good to me. :slight_smile:

Anyway back on topic now,

Just had my provisional back, got an initial assesment on saturday with british hgv in cannock (am i stuck with them if i take the free assesment drive? ). they were kind enough to lend me a copy of the theory test for my pc so ive been reading up on that.

Ive also registered for now as a 7.5tonner with a recruitment agency, they seem to be decent enough, family run business and all.

The problem i have is im a bit of a fat â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  :slight_smile: any help on where i can get a hiviz in 6xl ?

and anyone had any experience with grants of cannock for training?

IFyou book with any school to learn to drive if yu are a large man check you can get behind the wheel as some learning trucks do not have as much room …

Some trucks you can adjust steering column others you cant…

some schools you pay for an assessment then if you book a course they take the assessment fee away from the course price.

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome BigJon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

Welcome Bigjon

Yes it would be a good ide to have a sit in the lorry and ‘try it for size’ before parting with any cash - of the firms cash. ut I doubt if you will have any trouble as most trucks are built to accomodate the salad dodgers of the world.

As for large Hi Viz try jaedon.co.nz/wawcs017881/wet_weather.html
or other wise type in Hi Viz 6XL and you will come up with a page or two of choices.
Good Lcuk

:smiley: Hi BigJon, WELCOME :grimacing:

Mothertrucker:
Welcome Bigjon

Yes it would be a good ide to have a sit in the lorry and ‘try it for size’ before parting with any cash - of the firms cash. ut I doubt if you will have any trouble as most trucks are built to accomodate the salad dodgers of the world.

At the company I work for, I had them order a couple of seatbelt extensions for large gents such as yourself as the original belts were not long enough to fit.

Another thing to consider - if you are on 2 to 1 training, can you sit in the ‘trainee rest seat’ :question: :question: :question:

will have a look and find out all the things you guys have pointed out tommorow :slight_smile:
will let you know how it goes

\just got back from inital assesment. with British HGV in a DAF

Kerbed it 3 or 4 times :blush: , had moderate difficulty in squeezing behind the wheel. Dave the assesor was good and gave me a few pointers.

Just a matter of getting used to the size of the vehicle after driving poxy little vans (transit connect size) for ages.

Going to take a look around the other training centres in the nearby area and see if i can get in their wagons any easier

just been for another initial assesment :astonished:

This time with Grants of Cannock , Driving a Scania.

Same amount of room for me behind the wheel unfortunatley but instructor is top notch and decent guy. Took me on about 15 mile drive in and out of town , roundabouts (busy lol) X-roads , T Junctions, Hills, you name it i drove on it lol.
even had to pass a cyclist
Anyway parked up and he asked ‘Have you been driving before? Because you drive like you have’ I take that as a compliment :slight_smile:
The whole drive itself was a lot more comfortable, partly because i had overcome the nerves on the mornings assement with a diff. training company.

So just trying out diff vehicles and getting a bit more driving experience behind the wheel has shaved off 2 days training and about £400. Musn’t Grumble.

Now its time to Book my Theory test in, get that out the way first

I thought the Scania I was driving last week had plenty of adjustment to the steering position?

BigJon:
So just trying out diff vehicles and getting a bit more driving experience behind the wheel has shaved off 2 days training and about £400. Musn’t Grumble.

It looks like you’re doing just fine BigJon.:grimacing:

:smiley: You’re a good few quid ahead, before you’ve even started. :wink: