The Best Connection

Any one worked for this agency? Going to see them tomorrow in Newport.
Don’t want to waste any more of my time.

Wayne.

This is one agency I don’t have any experience with, sorry.

I have worked for the Best Connection in Nottingham and in my opinion, they are the best agency round here. I always get the feeling they are telling me the truth, if it’s quiet, they’ll tell me rather than give me all the usual ■■■■■■■■.

I obviously can’t speak for your local branch though.

theghostofcain:
I have worked for the Best Connection in Nottingham and in my opinion, they are the best agency round here. I always get the feeling they are telling me the truth, if it’s quiet, they’ll tell me rather than give me all the usual [zb].

I obviously can’t speak for your local branch though.

Can’t ask for better than the truth.

Wayne.

I worked for best connection in bolton last year and they are definatly the best agency about i was never short of work (6 day week) and they also paid top money £8.15 for days class 2, If i was to go back on agency work it definatly be with TBC

simon

I’m with Best Connection in Scunthorpe, I don’t get much work on Class 2, probably down to being under 25 though. They generally pay well and you dont seem to get messed about. Though as it happens, last week they payed me wrong for a whole day, for some reason they put me on £6.50 per hour instead of £8.00 per hour so we’ll see if that gets sorted out or not, other than that, never had a problem with them at all and from what I gather (Don’t know if its true personally) if you’ve got Class one and are over 25 you won’t be short of work, unfortunetly I have neither, but I’m working on both!!!

I worked for Best Connection in Stoke for a short while and I couldn’t fault them. Right money always in the bank at the right time, and they were paying more than other agencies doing the same job I was. They treat you fairly and no shortage of work - I signed up one morning and two hours later they were on the phone offering a job for that afternoon. Even at 23 with only a couple of months’ experience I was getting five days work a week from them.

Hull is a completely different story. Usual promises of X rate on Y job and then you never get it. Some drivers I’ve talked to have said that they’ve been paid a different rate to what they were told with the usual “Oh yeah…Mr.X or Miss.Y made a mistake”.

i cant fault the southampton branch. when i started my temp to perm with Exel, i was on a higher rate of pay but they didnt tell me. they did pay it though. i went on to class 1 rates after a couple of weeks and they forgot to increase my rate of pay but they sorted it within a week. even after i left them they paid my holiday entitlement etc. out of all the agencies i have worked for, they set the standards for the rest. it does depend on the branch though from what i have heard

Thanks for the replys, going to see them tomorrow at 10, not working for them other plankers again.

Wayne.

:slight_smile: Round this way they love to advertise for drivers they don’t need or have any work for and hope that an offer of an odd day three weeks later will entice you.
They don’t pay the best rate neither, the one nearest to me always seem to be changing staff too, bad sign. Maybe they are on some some of quota for bounus or similar. :unamused: :confused: :slight_smile: Not spoke to them lately but when I did the current driver manager was full of crap too. :imp:

I’ve aways been payed ok by TBC. but they do tend to pay you by class of vechicle driven ie: 7.5 ton xxxx pounds class 2 ■■■ Pounds

Lobo Loco:
I’ve aways been payed ok by TBC. but they do tend to pay you by class of vechicle driven ie: 7.5 ton xxxx pounds class 2 ■■■ Pounds

so did driver hire. for a week i was paid £5.75 which was way below the average rate of pay. the only reason i stayed that long was because the usual new year slump lasted a bit longer this year.
when i went to best conn, i did end up getting regular clients ie when they asked for a driver, i was first out of the hat. the clients prefer that and frankly, so did i. i would go back to best conn, no question about it. i wont touch driver hire or SMS again though :imp: