Driver Hire Bolton and Wigan

Anyone any comment on them, been there 3 months and work seems to come in dribs and drabs. Seems if you dont jump when they ring you with the work everyone rejects I supect you go on some sort of (zb) list. Told them I work days and want to work local, I am flexible, but last job they offered was 20 miles away and a 16.30 hours start, £6.75 hour as well. How could I resist!!! It was a short but terse conversation. Can anyone reccommend a good agency, don’t want them to love me, just give me work that starts in the morning and finsh’s at night, just like joe average!!!

edited for language if it needs stars to get past the censor it’s not allowed :wink: mrs mix

I should say best connestion are the best agency up your end, I’ve had good work out of them from there Manchester branch. They have a Bolton branch on Bradshawgate. Give them a try and tell em your looking for on-going work only. I worked for driver hire too and got 2 days work off them despite them advertising HGV 1 and 2 long term on-going contracts just like a lot of other agencies do just to get you on there books.

I work for Driver Hire In Oldham and so far they’ve been cracking, ok you have to do the occasional crappy job at silly o’clock start but once they’ve sussed you out the work gets better!

Suppose its like working for a firm full time if you start there you can’t expect to get the brand new unit you’ll probably get the ‘on hire’ junk heap in the corner first then once you’ve been there a while you’ll move ‘up the ladder’!

Saying that though I only work for them part time but get work everytime I ask now!

best connection in southampton are the best agency round here and they pay tha most. i tried driver hire and the work i got was odd days here and there

Not a clue, Sorry I can’t help, but I just wanted to say ‘Hello’ to a fellow Boltonian.

Jaycool007:
I should say best connestion are the best agency up your end, I’ve had good work out of them from there Manchester branch. They have a Bolton branch on Bradshawgate. Give them a try and tell em your looking for on-going work only. I worked for driver hire too and got 2 days work off them despite them advertising HGV 1 and 2 long term on-going contracts just like a lot of other agencies do just to get you on there books.

As jay on this speak to Darren at best connection bolton Class 2 £8.15ph for days

simon

driver hire was/is?run by franchises,the one that moved from rochdale to oldham had drivers working in the office(ink still wet on their licences)and guess where the best weekend work went?They do offer good rates at first glance,work it out at time then time and a half after 8,sat at the same and sun at double and their rates didnt look that good even with an ADR.That said they werent a bad bunch!