Agency question

Hi folks just signed up with a agency and wondering if anyone has had dealings with them One is called “LMR” and the other is called “The Best Connection”. Im in the north east area (Newcastle).
Thanks folks :smiley:

i worked for the best connection in southampton. they were spot on. regions tend to vary though :confused:

“Best Connection” is nationwide and has a good reputation.Good luck!

no complaints so far with Best connection

best connection leeds dont wanna know me as a new class2 driver :frowning:

If you’re struggling to find someone to take you on then try Driver Hire. Their rates are low, but they will take on new drivers.

Even so, not every branch has work, I had to phone around several local branches here in London, but that might be because I want weekend work only. They started me off with a 7.5t shift, but now they phone me up virtually every weekend with offers of class 2 work and I just missed out on a Class 1 shift a couple of weeks ago because I couldn’t get to the phone straight away. Its always for the same company though (although the class 1 was with someone else) so that might not be the situation nationwide.

I took the plunge and registered with Best Connection here in London too. I do wish that they would just tell you the truth and say they’ll start you off on 7.5t to see how you get on. When I asked him directly that question he just answered round it but I got the idea;) Don’t much like the idea of having a class 1 licence and starting off on 7.5t but its part of the learning curve and I do understand that they have to ‘test you out.’ I just hope that Best Connection can move me onto Class 2 and possibly even Class 1 work in the future, before I end up booking a refresher training day to resharpen up my skills cos I’ve not done it in so long :confused:

Make driver hire your very very last option thou,
My local branch of driver hire thinks a class 2 license is for driving vans :angry:

I couldnt be happier with my driver hire, in 18 months only done 1 day for another agency, otherwise it has all been for Driver Hire.

I did go into a Best Connection and asked the girl about a question about tacho hours, turns out she didnt know what one was, so i walked out, [and she wasnt just a secuatary [sp?] she was a member of the driving team, who was interviewing me] where-as driver hire want to know everything, and mine will count my hours to prevent me from going near any limits.

almost forgot,

http://www.driver-hire.co.uk

Driver Hire (Chadderton) were allright with me.

1st job was awfull , chilled and frozen multidrop
so refused it the next day.

So in fairness they phoned me back in the hour and gave me other work.

Pay was £7.20 Class 2
so not bad.

They will definatly find you CHALLENGING jobs.
But a great way to gain experience.

Also if you mess up , they are somewhat lenient.

Thanks for the info guys. Well i got my very first job with a agency,had to pick my truck up from newcastle then goto middlesborough to load then off to do 1 drop in chichester then 1 in selsey. Really enjoyed it but i think i may have taken a bit to long (got lost on the M25 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ) to get there and back.
Oh and the truck was restricted so couldnt get over 55.
Roughly how long should it take from newcastle and back just so i know because i stuck to the sped limit all the way there and back■■?
Cheers guys i look forward to the input on my question :smiley: :smiley:

Overnight job i’d say.

Takes me about three hours to get from Gateshead to Notts, on a good run…

You having a laugh? Newcastle on Tyne to Chichester and back in one day? That’s more than 700 miles, you’d never make it in 10hours, speeding or not.