Agency ?

Best Connection, any good or are they reading from the same page as the others ?

shytalk:
Best Connection, any good or are they reading from the same page as the others ?

They will bullsh_t you just the same as all the others

I worked for the hull office for a year or 2 about 5 or 6 years ago only had one little fall out, but other than that they were pretty much spot on. But its the same as anything, it depends on the people that work in the office at that particular time

I was signing up with Best connection in Milton Keynes when I overheard one of them quite loudly (and I wonder if deliberately) telling her colleagues how she wouldn’t send women to industrial placements because they just caused trouble and weren’t up to the job. I have never had a phone call off them since I signed up. (I don’t consider this a great loss) So if you don’t mind working for an agency run by narrow minded bigots give it a go. :slight_smile:

From what I’ve seen it depends on the branch. My local one is ■■■■, yet the ones either side of it are ok

Henrys cat:
From what I’ve seen it depends on the branch.

I think this is the same with most agencies, you can have one branch with good management and another branch of the same agency run by a bunch of bull[zb]ers.

Henrys cat:
From what I’ve seen it depends on the branch. My local one is [zb], yet the ones either side of it are ok

Would that be Chesterfield ?

SIgned up a year ago, have yet to get a single shift from them. Not even an unpaid assessment. :frowning:

Might be :smiley: :smiley:

I haven’t worked for them for about 3 years, think they’ve mainly got hand downs at the Co-op and work for Yearsleys at Holmewood. Heard they got thrown off one place after 2 drivers hit bridges.

TBH can’t think of any good ones round here, but as I only want odd days here and there when my other work isn’t busy, I’m never top of the list anywhere

Yearsley? - I must have drawn a blank because they pay £8ph and I’d already excluded myself during the signup process then.

No matter. Less tax to pay on another week then. :grimacing:

10-08:
I was signing up with Best connection in Milton Keynes when I overheard one of them quite loudly (and I wonder if deliberately) telling her colleagues how she wouldn’t send women to industrial placements because they just caused trouble and weren’t up to the job. I have never had a phone call off them since I signed up. (I don’t consider this a great loss) So if you don’t mind working for an agency run by narrow minded bigots give it a go. :slight_smile:

Do you see the irony here? You heard ONE of them say stuff and then go on to call them an agency ran by bigots!!! You`ve never had a phone call eh? Hmmmm!

Theres plenty of people who say they sign up for agencies and never get a phone call. Its funny that when I sign up for an agency I always get work. Theres nothing special about me. I just turn up, dressed smart, be polite, know how to conduct myself and know when to stfu. A knowledge of the rules also helps. Thats it. Its not rocket surgery.
I may add that I`m in the north east, not an area known for loads of work and great driver shortages.

I find the staff at Teesside branch courteous and helpful. Also they were very sympathetic when I came off my motorbike and had the last two months off. But I can only speak of these few people and not the whole company.

I’m currently with the West Bromwich branch and have known the lads for a few years. They had me in work within 24 hrs, so they are ok in my book. Used to be with the Taunton branch for a while and they were spot on too.

Thankyou for the replys.

Same as all the rest a load of bloody pimps who live off your graft.

Why do folk put up with these bloody leeches?

Bking:

Here’s the choice -

Sit on the dole whilst you spend months looking for the few decent jobs out there

or

Earn a wage whilst your looking and maybe have the opportunity of being taken on full time.

Also agencies are useful to the semi-retired who just want to keep a couple of days in a week. Yes, they are not working in our interests but neither is the company you’re employed by. You work to make them a profit, no difference.

Harry Kyng:

Bking:

Here’s the choice -

Sit on the dole whilst you spend months looking for the few decent jobs out there

or

Earn a wage whilst your looking and maybe have the opportunity of being taken on full time.

Also agencies are useful to the semi-retired who just want to keep a couple of days in a week. Yes, they are not working in our interests but neither is the company you’re employed by. You work to make them a profit, no difference.

No heres the choice we all tell these parasites to sod off and go earn an honesty bloody living like the rest of us.When they cant pimp you off to some company then you would get a descent full time job.And what the hell is semi retired you have had your go now let some of the younger generation have their moment in the sun (im 56 )why should these monkeys live off descent working peoples backs.Who the hell do they think they are.

Bking:
No heres the choice we all tell these parasites to sod off and go earn an honesty bloody living like the rest of us.When they cant pimp you off to some company then you would get a descent full time job.And what the hell is semi retired you have had your go now let some of the younger generation have their moment in the sun (im 56 )why should these monkeys live off descent working peoples backs.Who the hell do they think they are.

:smiley: they are probably decent working people too who don’t want to go to pasture just yet :slight_smile:
I’m 59 and have no intention of jacking it in as long as I’m fit and able, sod the youngsters, they can go work at Mickey D’s!

Also, agencies benefit companys in that they can have staff for the busy stretches and dump them when it’s lean. Even if the agencies weren’t there you’d just have companies laying people off after a few months and re-hiring the next season. It’s not just the agencies at fault, working practises within a capitalist economy are the issue too.

Harry Kyng:

Bking:

:smiley: they are probably decent working people too who don’t want to go to pasture just yet :slight_smile:
I’m 59 and have no intention of jacking it in as long as I’m fit and able, sod the youngsters, they can go work at Mickey D’s!

Also, agencies benefit companys in that they can have staff for the busy stretches and dump them when it’s lean. Even if the agencies weren’t there you’d just have companies laying people off after a few months and re-hiring the next season. It’s not just the agencies at fault, working practises within a capitalist economy are the issue too.

Typical sod the youngsters (that is till i cant wipe my own asss or lift up a soddin fork) then you have the bloody neck to blame “selfish” capitalist society.Did you have the dignity of a job when you where young?Having that dignity when your young makes you into what you are when your old.Bet your kids think the world of you dont they.Im alright jack f**k you.Sad.Maybe thats why so many old folk die alone and unloved in some money grabbing prison called an old folks “home” and thier kids never come to see them or offer to share thier home with them.You get what you give.

Im semi retired…through ill health…i DONTclaim anything from the state, ive paid into my private pensions all my life, but because the state wont pay my pension until i retire in there eyes i could have claimed sickness benefit…but the hoops you have to jump through to claim a pitance wasnt worth the hassle…so i chose to retire at 52, but do get bored and if i can get some part time work whats wrong with that…im putting and paying tax back into the system which ive done since i was 15 yrs old…i dont sit back smoking 40 ■■■■ a day drinking cider claiming incapacity benefit and driving a disabled car…there are lots doing just that !..sorry if i went off on a tangent… thanks again to those who gave a reply. im 55 now should i be on the scrap heap ?.

Bking:

Harry Kyng:

Bking:

Typical sod the youngsters (that is till i cant wipe my own asss or lift up a soddin fork) then you have the bloody neck to blame “selfish” capitalist society.Did you have the dignity of a job when you where young?Having that dignity when your young makes you into what you are when your old.Bet your kids think the world of you dont they.Im alright jack f**k you.Sad.

You’re such a wind-up :smiley:

Yes I’ve always worked, yes my kids and grandkids all have great jobs and yes they all think the world of me. When I’m too old to wipe my own arse they have instructions to put me in a rowing boat with no oars and fire flaming arrows at me as I drift down the Stratford canal. A fitting end I think.

You can’t give someone dignity, when I was a kid you did your schooling then went out and worked, for me it was an apprenticeship, others it was uni or the local steel works. We never refused work because it wasn’t paying enough to buy the latest gadgets, car or girlfriend. Nor did we refuse it because it was unsociable hours, we just got on with life. Where I work the night shift is 99% Asian or east European, when I asked why I was told ‘because the local English kids don’t want the work’.

Go figure :slight_smile: