The average wage of a night trunker?

Afternoon everyone, i fancy having a go at night trunking and was just wondering what the average wage for a night trunker would be in the southeast :question:
Thanks in advance.

full working capacity, be it, 18,26,32,38,40 or 44 ton

depending on what your driving.

depends on the contract
We’er on £10.90
Thats in bristol

I would like to get back driving an artic, but i have not driven one for about eight years. :blush: I’ve just been made redundant as a tm for a small drylining supplier and the only driving i have done in the past month was holiday cover on a 26t with either a moffett or hiab.I was thinking about doing a refresher course on a bendy as just the thought of driving one makes me feel a tad nervous :exclamation:

Last time I was on night trunking I was on £8.50 for first 40 hours then £12.75. This was for 4 nights on 3 nights off, paid from midnight to midday regardless of when I got back, usually about 10am. So paid for 48 hours (about £442). However this was almost 6 years ago.

Tiger.

super spurs:
I was thinking about doing a refresher course on a bendy as just the thought of driving one makes me feel a tad nervous :exclamation:

you’ll need half a day with some real life reversing thrown in - like riding a bicycle - it comes back pretty quickly :smiley:

super spurs:
I would like to get back driving an artic, but i have not driven one for about eight years. :blush: I’ve just been made redundant as a tm for a small drylining supplier and the only driving i have done in the past month was holiday cover on a 26t with either a moffett or hiab.I was thinking about doing a refresher course on a bendy as just the thought of driving one makes me feel a tad nervous :exclamation:

Like fallin off a bike a few hrs and things come back to you as long as you take it easy

Thanks for the replies so far,i might have to ask a favour of a friend of mine who has his own small haulage firm.Hopefully he might let me go out for a day with one of his drivers.

I’m on £10 p/hr for first 8 hours. then £15 p/hr anything over that. (Mon-Fri)
This is agency but it’s a full time contract i’ve been on since july 08. I do approx 45 -48 hrs a week. Same run everynight.

Well it could depend upon your nationality and willingness to work for minimum wage :laughing:

Apart from that though, a guy I used to work with took a Class 1 job with DHL, night trunking back in late 2006. It involved taking a trailer up north and returning with one, same trip each night. I believe he was on around £25,000 per year for that.

I wouldnt do it for £100 an hour!!! dont you want a life? :smiley:

I’ve been doing nights for 4 years and after 17 years tramping i must say
i really enjoy my time at home during the day.
We get £10.64 per hour

Ragnarok:
Well it could depend upon your nationality and willingness to work for minimum wage :laughing:

Apart from that though, a guy I used to work with took a Class 1 job with DHL, night trunking back in late 2006. It involved taking a trailer up north and returning with one, same trip each night. I believe he was on around £25,000 per year for that.

If he’s at Daventry its about £27,000 now.

tofer:

Ragnarok:

If he’s at Daventry its about £27,000 now.

With an educated guess he’s at Sittingbourne :unamused:

If you read it carefully he means the class1 Dhl driver will be on £27000 now- if he’s at Daventry.
Not about the bloke in Sittingbourne. :unamused: :unamused:

scotslad:
I wouldnt do it for £100 an hour!!! dont you want a life? :smiley:

What like the home life you get on days !!!

Work get stuck in traffic eat sleep on days and thats it. :laughing:

On nights it’s work eat sleep have time in the day to do whatever , eat then go back to work for a bit with no stress of traffic.

I am on for DHL/Exel mon - fri £578 top line, very rare do we work over 10hrs but they say the pay is baised on a 12hr shift, overtime shifts paid at £175 each.

Nights days who cares . The job has never been brilliant it pays the rent like any other job . Suppose it,s OK if you are obsessed with trucks and trucking .In what other job would people put up with the crap we do ?
Met a guy the other week who was proud to tell me he had spent £5000 on his bosses truck . Suppose if all you have in life is work it,s OK but not for me .Life,s too short !

super spurs:
'…i fancy having a go at night trunking…and…what the average wage for a night trunker…’
[/quote]
Great, another Spud off the terrace whilst earning to pay Pompey some of that £15m for Judas Defoe.

gogzy:
full working capacity, be it, 18,26,32,38,40 or 44 ton

depending on what your driving.

You did what I did, thought that it said weight :smiley: