Night Work pay rates?

Hi all

I would be interested in what people think the adverage pay rate for night work is on class 2. Or what sort of rates people have been offered. Its trunking work but a few drops each night.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Im getting £7 an hour for nights, but driving a transit pick up van.

I work agency, the particular agency gets me plenty work but thats because I get the same crap rate £7.50 - £8.00 ph no matter what time or day the shift. If I was to get choosey, one gets the feeling they have plenty more agency fish to fry.

I work nights on class 1 for “New Look” and get £9 an hour. Prob get more in the future
But i aint complaining as a newbie really.

Thanks for your replies.

Been offered £80 a night so that sounds about adverage then. Yea cant be too choosey as no doubt you’ll be out the door before you know it.

Thanks guys, safe driving.

Ben

Been offered £80 a night

If it’s an 8hr shift (and I would be surprised) it’s fair money IMO. 10hr shift = £8 hr. Getting iffy. 13hr shift = £6.15 hr. I know it’s a job offer but watch out. You could be entering the world of slavery. Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:

Been offered £80 a night

If it’s an 8hr shift (and I would be surprised) it’s fair money IMO. 10hr shift = £8 hr. Getting iffy. 13hr shift = £6.15 hr. I know it’s a job offer but watch out. You could be entering the world of slavery. Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

On that note, I don’t normally do 7.5 tonne for the agency, not that I have anything against driving a 7.5 tonner. The rate is £6.35 ph. Although a few weeks ago I did take them up on a 7.5 shift. I took a flat bed to deliver safety barriers to a building site, I drove from Rutherglen to Pollockshaws less than 4 miles. Got the load of in about 45 mins then was to take the truck to a truck MOT place in Dalmarnock another 3 miles. I was then picked up by the boss of the client company in his flash BMW and chauffeured back to Rutherglen.

Just over 2 hrs and drove about 7 miles and paid for 8hrs. :laughing: happy days.