Night trunker, good for newbie?

Hi all, I am currently doing class 1 and testing on Friday.

Checked job site today after training and found a night trunking job from a place about 40-50ms from my house. Hours were 530pm - finish £10.00/hr

I was thinking about putti my name forward for the position, would you experienced guys agree?

You wont get experience unless you actually do the job you just fo’r’ked out training for, and you also wont get experience if you don’t grab the opportunity with both hands while you can. Can’t grumble at a tenner an hour.

I say go for it my friend!

That’s what I did, worked well for me because I got to settle in with less on the roads and often less of an audience when you get to where you’re going.

BUT, after six months, changing to days was pretty scary, everything’s busier, faster and more stressful. Saying that though, I’m glad I got the time to get the hang of it first.

Suppose it depends if you’re a deep end person or not :wink:

I’ll give them a call today get my name in for it

absolutly go for it i love the night work

jx

Go for it what have you got to lose :question: or yeh your pride if you dont get it but atm you cant have that if you dont grab the chance someone else will simple a no brainer really

Dito, that’s what i did after passing my test still doing it now, be warned though if trunking to certain hubs in the midlands you can’t swing a cat around and you will have lots of drivers watching your every move, all i can say is take your time and take as many shunts as you want do not let any other artic driver rush you cos they want to get on their bay blah blah blah, after a few weeks you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about enjoy :smiley:

Paulc:
Dito, that’s what i did after passing my test still doing it now, be warned though if trunking to certain hubs in the midlands you can’t swing a cat around and you will have lots of drivers watching your every move, all i can say is take your time and take as many shunts as you want do not let any other artic driver rush you cos they want to get on their bay blah blah blah, after a few weeks you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about enjoy :smiley:

Never rushed a job in my life so why start now lol

Paulc:

Yeah, the Lichfield hubs can be quite tight at ‘rush hour’, in the dark with the glare from Sodium lights, still easier than London runs on days though.