That orange plate with the weights on it in cab?

Hi, got into a deep arguement with a transport manager about the orange weights plate (don’t know proper name for it - I AM NEW) anyways my confidance in what I was saying or lack of it mean’t I didn’t really know what I was talking about, anyways I did the vehicle checks and noticed there wasn’t one in the cab, went to office to tell them and I shouldn’t drive without one as how would I know the axle weights and long story short, got told it’s ok because the cab is less than 12 months old. I didn’t believe this and looked at the over cabs in the yard that were unlocked and none of them had these orange weight things in them. Is this true basically and is it ok? all the traillers had them, just the cabs and all of them where new ones (09/59 plates)

It might have been fitted somewhere in the n/s under bunk locker (via the external flap)? Volvo often put them there.

If the wagons are brand new, there may be a short delay in one being fitted, but not for months on end.

in my cab its tucked away behind the passenger seat an not easy to see unless you move the passenger seat forwar,when i got pulled by vosa they asked me where it was and stated it would be expected that i knew where it was…luckily i had cleaned the cab when i first started and noted where it was

It is called a Plating Certificate and must be fitted, there is usually a slight delay on brand new vehicles, but it is also usually within a couple of months, not upto 12 months.

On trailers, they can run without them from brand new to the first MoT test as they are not registered until the time of the test

On trailers, they can run without them from brand new to the first MoT test as they are not registered until the time of the test

Beat me to it Rob … i was gonna use that to try look clever :blush:

shade:

Beat me to it Rob … i was gonna use that to try look clever :blush:

it’ll take more than that Shade :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i thought you don’t get it issued by VOSA until the first MOT
cheers
Steve

gm:
i thought you don’t get it issued by VOSA until the first MOT
cheers
Steve

Each vehicle should carry a permanently fixed Department of Transport (DfT) plate (also called a Ministry plate) and plating certificate (a VTG7). If there is no DfT plate, there should be a manufacturer’s plate. DfT plates are fitted on trucks at first registration and on trailers after they have undergone a DfT annual test.

For DfT read VOSA