That 'Leaving F/T To Go Agency? Question

Had near enough the last straw at work today. Too much detail though - so ain’t going to bore you with it - and it would take too long… :unamused:

On the upside though, received my shiny new DCPC card Saturday so I can now drive ‘legally’ again… :smiley:

Question’s is this (as usual)…

Should I leave (manual job) and go agency (back to driving) - just to get out until something else comes along, or stick it out even longer until maybe something full time comes along…? :frowning:

Job must be really crap if you believe agency will be an improvement!

So you have previous experience?

Just try knocking on some doors & making some calls, apparently firms are crying out for drivers everywhere. No need for agencies.

TiredAndEmotional:

:smiley: very good keep em’ coming.

Depends on where you live, what you want from the job how old you are, financial commitments and so on.

Dress up smart and knock on doors is a good bet, that is unless you like to spend the first 6 weeks of the year noshing on ladyboys as a “lifestyle choice” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TiredAndEmotional:

A year ago I would have said no…

Now it’s a YES! :cry:

rob22888:
So you have previous experience?

Just try knocking on some doors & making some calls, apparently firms are crying out for drivers everywhere. No need for agencies.

Only class 2 (for now), looking to get C+E ASAP once back on the road this time.

‘Had’ CSCS for hiab and plant loading and securing, but they’ve since lapsed / expired.

On the up side (hopefully), I’m just waiting for my results for my ADR training.

Decided to go for that so it would count towards my CPC. (Two for near enough one…)

I left full time job to take a temp contract in the hope it would lead somewhere, also relocated to take it, went all out, now agency … I got lucky with this gig…It does happen!

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

If you had an artic ticket already and wanted to go back driving i wouldn’t hesitate to walk, so many more doors are open to you once you have the artic licence.

However, if the present situation is affecting your health and well being do what you have to do for your body and sanity.

Going to bust my arse this time and push myself to get my C+E…

Wasn’t in a hurry when I last drove, but now it’s where the money is…

Wife’s currently main wage earner, but with her health not looking good, I’m looking to take the reigns now…

Had the same thought when I did my class 1 left full time to go on agency,worked out ok started at Bhs then found a permanent job at poundland been there nearly 5 years.
So it can be done but why limit yourself to agency ? Plenty of permanent jobs out there,think there is a post about work up your way,but get a new CV and knock on doors and ask and good luck.

If your current job is affecting your health then its time to ditch the toxic workplace. If you’re willing to graft then you shouldn’t be out of work on agency even as a newbie.

TiredAndEmotional:

To many agency drivers, get more moneygreat after tax annually if work for big 24/7Rdc,cdc.

Do it! I finally went freelance late last year and I should have done it years ago. I never want to be an employee again to be honest!

Freelance Switch…■■? :confused:

What the difference with F/L, S/E and PAYE…?

Can never get my head round them all… :blush:

Depends on circumstances.

The work is starting to pick up up here but still not a lot around atm & a lot still pay just above min wage

Look at a few agencies register with them see what happens

There is work out there depends what you want really

What to do…?

Probably near enough anything for now…

I am waiting for ADR results though too, so may wait a couple of weeks first before jumping.

Once I have the qualifications in black and white on my CV, I hope it’ll make it stand out better…

But I won’t do builders merchants! :open_mouth:

Not after the last time… :imp: