Thanks.

Well friends,I must tell you,I met up with Tony Christie this morning on Keele services and he presented me with the fantastic model he built of the F88 290 that I drove for the first 12 months of my m/e career.
Since I saw it first at the Gaydon show,Tony has given it a sandy finish to appear as “On the job”,rather than “Out of the truck wash”.
I am highly impressed with the standard of the finished item,and most touched that Tony should pass it on to me.(Just when I thought my wife was the only one that could make an old man happy!)
It now takes pride of place on the table top in a spare bedroom at home.
Now,when I’m feeling my age,I can go up there on my own and remember the good times,and the not so good times,the friends,I mean REAL friends,past and present,that I was indeed lucky to have been a part of.
Like many guys,I fell into the m/e job more by accident than a desire to travel so far,I never realised that anyone was going out there,I would have been more than happy to get into Europe.But I went in at the deep end,and I didn’t want to get out!That job either made you or broke you,I’m happy to be one of the survivors.
I had a 'phone call a little later from Truckerash,who along with Tony,urged me to keep on with my book,OK fellas,I’m on it!.
Once again Tony,many thanks.

Here she is.

your very welcome Ian, as I said, I had my enjoyment out of building it (with your help on detail) and the final part for me was seeing your face when you finally saw it at Gaydon, as much as I liked having it on show at home, it belongs with you, so I am very glad to have made you happy.

All the very best

Tony

bestbooties:
Well friends,I must tell you,I met up with Tony Christie this morning on Keele services and he presented me with the fantastic model he built of the F88 290 that I drove for the first 12 months of my m/e career.
Since I saw it first at the Gaydon show,Tony has given it a sandy finish to appear as “On the job”,rather than “Out of the truck wash”.
I am highly impressed with the standard of the finished item,and most touched that Tony should pass it on to me.(Just when I thought my wife was the only one that could make an old man happy!)
It now takes pride of place on the table top in a spare bedroom at home.
Now,when I’m feeling my age,I can go up there on my own and remember the good times,and the not so good times,the friends,I mean REAL friends,past and present,that I was indeed lucky to have been a part of.
Like many guys,I fell into the m/e job more by accident than a desire to travel so far,I never realised that anyone was going out there,I would have been more than happy to get into Europe.But I went in at the deep end,and I didn’t want to get out!That job either made you or broke you,I’m happy to be one of the survivors.
I had a 'phone call a little later from Truckerash,who along with Tony,urged me to keep on with my book,OK fellas,I’m on it!.
Once again Tony,many thanks.

Here she is.

What a fantastic model even more so with the sandy finish, in a photo with the right background you would think it was the real thing, a credit to you mate.

Mine and Tony’s models shared a table at Gaydon and I admired this model all weekend. You couldn’t tell which was his and which mine and I have about 25 more years experience than him, what a top modeller!

Hmm and you only have to give him a tip once as well. Nice sand mate! :laughing:

Lonewolf Yorks:
Mine and Tony’s models shared a table at Gaydon and I admired this model all weekend. You couldn’t tell which was his and which mine and I have about 25 more years experience than him, what a top modeller!

Hmm and you only have to give him a tip once as well. Nice sand mate! :laughing:

Don’t knock yourself Lonewolf,have seen some of yours on here, and there the business.

Ian mate,this has to be one of the best posts I’ve read in a while,it’s nice to know that the model has bought back so many memories and that it has given you some incentive and drive to carry on with you book. Good stuff mate.
Tony,top model mate,I reckon the weathering has realy set it off now,she looks the part.

Good on ya fellas.

tony i saw the model at gaydon and did say it looked good clean,but it looks awesome with a bit of weathering,and what a fantastic gesture giving it ian :wink: