Thank You!

Just wanted to thanks to all the drivers who helped me out at Felixstowe docks yesterday and today. :smiley:

I normally run out of Southampton so I didn’t have a clue what to do when I turned up. No maps in the office and less than helpful staff on site didn’t help matters. :unamused:

So thanks to everyone, but special thanks go to the Goldstar driver yesterday who gave me some advice on the grumpiness of the crane drivers. You were spot on!! Also, to the Roadways driver this morning who drove out of his way just so I could follow him to the correct area.

People like this restore my faith!!

grumpiness of the crane drivers

:laughing: I thought that was UK wide anyway. ?

DAFMAD:

grumpiness of the crane drivers

:laughing: I thought that was UK wide anyway. ?

I think they start off as normal, then go on to FLT’s and then once they are so grumpy that they won’t unload anyone at all, they send 'em down the docks to work the cranes! :slight_smile:

Some of them stay on forklifts - and I know where they work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I went to Felixstowe docks on Tuesday - never been on any docks before, and like Baconsandwich, no maps available.

Two dock gates so I thought No1! Wrong should have been No 2!

Security on the dock gates were too busy watching a Robin which was diverting them from me getting their attention. When they did attend to me they directed me somewhere! However after parking up and asking another driver, I got to an office - which as it turned out was Norfolk Line - he then gave me a map - bit late really!

I had no problems though with crane drivers or FLT drivers - I guess i was lucky - mainly cos it was a fridge trailer I was collecting!

yes sometimes acts of kindness goes a long way… then somebody comes and knocks you back to reality. :smiling_imp: