Advice for felixstowe

:open_mouth: just completed my 1st wk on containers. Been to tilbury and the grain. Tomorrow I get my 1st taste of felixstowe any advice on procedure etc, would be greatly welcomed. :confused: :confused: :open_mouth:

Take it easy, talk to the guys on the dock gate, theyโ€™re actually quite helpful.
Be careful inside the dock, lots of nutters with shunters running around. It can be a bit of a maze in there. But a lot of the container places are quite easy to spot.

Kinda hard to hide 5 high stacks of boxes :smiling_imp:
Iโ€™ve never been in there on box work, someone else can fill you in on that front.

cheers mate. drivers at my firm been tellin me horror stories. me thinks they tug me leg. :laughing:

If it gets blowy, bring a good book or 3, they close it a lot.

:smiley: :smiley: yeah got a good collection of reading matter. forgot how good a book could be. :smiley: :smiley:

Dont worry about it.
Just cause the F word has been mentioned it seems to strike fear into everyone. :unamused:
like Allikat said,ask at the gate(more than likely Trinity 2000 dock gate 2)and theyโ€™ll help you out. :wink:
failing that,ask one of the other drivers.
its not as bad as everyone makes out,most drivers exaggerate anyway so dont listen to the bull-โ– โ– โ– โ–  :wink:its a piece of โ– โ– โ– โ– 

:smiley: yep goin to trinity. vsb between 6-7am. then off to peterborough.
:laughing: :laughing: been a bundle of nerves gettin used to the procdures :blush: :blush: and me a 41 year old man :blush: :blush:
Thanks for all your help and advice. Once again top site. :smiley: :smiley:

TOP TIP :Before I forget,when you go to the slot to get your boxes on/off the crane will come along and stop on the markers on the road.
Its upto you to move to the right position as the crane wont!!
so when the spreader is lowered and the twistlock positions are out,move forward/back to suit and the spreader will land on the trailer/box. :wink:

:smiley: :smiley: Thanks everyone. advice proved invaluable a big thanks. itโ€™s one hell of a maze. but i now no the drill cheers all :smiley: :smiley: