Thank you

So according to the news today some 1 million letters are to be sent to those with HGV licenses to help boost morale and try to entice anyone not using it to go back into the industry.

It will set out ambition for improvement going forward.

Can’t wait :unamused:

Grant Schapps is in the daily heil this morning - “Come be a wagon driver - you can make 70 grand a year!!”. How out of touch is this buffoon?

It works though. I got a message off a friend (non HGV) suggesting I go on milk tanker work and earn 78k a year.

I’ve asked him to locate me the advert for that job.

He can’t have it - I’m doing that milk job!! :smiley:

Think of a big number, double it, add a bit more for good measure, then let someone hand it to the media as potential earnings for HGV drivers.

How long until you bank manager writes to you to ask you to lend them some money :laughing: Everyone now thinks we’re rich as Croesus

JeffA:
Grant Schapps is in the daily heil this morning - “Come be a wagon driver - you can make 70 grand a year!!”. How out of touch is this buffoon?

How out of touch is he?
Ask Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath, or Sebastian Fox.

toonsy:
It works though. I got a message off a friend (non HGV) suggesting I go on milk tanker work and earn 78k a year.

I’ve asked him to locate me the advert for that job.

One of the warehouses I deliver to, the forklift driver said ‘‘aw you truck drivers, making the big bucks. They paying £5000 bonus just to sign up, I heard on the news. Didn’t say where, though.’’ Or the services cashier, ‘‘oi no diesel today until noon, there be no drivers they can’t get a driver!’’ So why is everyone standing on the side lines tucked into their own 40 hour week job saying how much drivers are earning instead of becoming a driver themselves? And what about those who have a license but aren’t working in the industry? Surely £46 000 a year or whatever the sound bites are these days is a £10 000 better income than their current 35 hour job, right? Right…

I shall say Thanks but NO thanks, I’ve done my 35 years behind a class1 steering wheel, I’m happy as Larry to live life in the slow lane on my pension these days. :slight_smile:

another waste of taxpayers money like the £9M spent on a Brexit leaflet which went straight in the recycling bin. Not going to persuade me to help out despite having all my cards current and now retired

I still can’t get over how it’s the governments responsibility to dig the haulage industry out of the pit it’s dug itself into over decades. Also while the general public are more concerned about being able to buy things cheap they are not going to put the money into the supply chain to pay for the service they expect