pay

Is it me or is the pay for HGV getting lower and lower, at the rate of this decline no wonder these companies are losing their staff…What do you think? :confused:

as per my posts previously…its all down to supply and demand…if theres a shortage of drivers …you will be told youre lucky to have a job :cry:

No its on the up in some places you can nearly earn 6 whole pounds an hour now :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

I dont think its just driving where the moneys going down i think its pretty much every occupation :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

simon

they better put the money up or they will be lucky to have drivers!

They may have driver’s, they may just come from a little further a field though. Just 20 minutes ago I answered the phone to find it was a recruitment agency in Lithuania calling and the nice sounding women was asking me if I was finding it difficult to recruit drivers and if so they might be able to help me solve my recruitment problems.

I would say its regional , I am earning a hell of a lot more than other companies are paying in the area i am in, but would say that in other areas people will be earning a lot more than the top pay in this area.

you are right there coffeeholic. there is one company round here who cant get drivers so he is recruiting polish drivers. the government pay him £100 per week per driver

The government pay him? WTF? I’ll take 6!

If any of these poor sods that are being recruited from abroad end up being treated even half as badly as some of the nurses that this government encouraged nursing homes to recruit, then god help them.
As unlike nursing where the nursing unions helped those being exploited, these drivers can aspect the same level of support, or less, than the rest of get.

NIL

It would be no exaggeration to say that dozens of foreign nurses had to be rescued from slavery after employers with the scruples of a politician saw an opportunity to get free labour, but at least these nurses recieved help when they needed it & had support from both within the nursing profession & it’s unions.

thats what one of his employees said patrick. british drivers wont work for him. i dont know why but its probably down to pay (or lack of) and conditions

whiteknight:
Is it me or is the pay for HGV getting lower and lower, at the rate of this decline no wonder these companies are losing their staff…What do you think? :confused:

My pay goes up and up. However in order to do that I have regular changes of agency. However over the last two years my pay has gone up £2/hr. I’ve not earned less than £6/hr since 1997.

Due to my grievances about the Slave Trade a.k.a UK Road Haulage, I will no longer work for an employer. I DO NOT want to do 60 hours a week and I DO want a living wage. Agency work has given me both.