Test

drivtest.carltononline.com/gameNopopup.htm

I got 32/35 give it a go guys see what you can do.

sorry about the link but i thought it might be something truckers would be interested in and do very well at this end

signature edit mrs mix

Just tried the Link Jammy buts its an error page :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just tried it again works fine this end :slight_smile:.
signature edit mrs mix

33 out of 35! but the ■■■■ things not letting me know what two I got wrong!

31/35 lo l @ one forget that not good idea to reverse on a motorway :wink: oops :blush:

32/53 for me… and yeah, Metal… thast one I missed… I put Brake Harshly…LOL…

I’d like to know what else I got wrong, but couldnt get the answers up…

Nice one Jammy, that was good… hee hee

AndyM:
32/53 for me… and yeah, Metal… thast one I missed… I put Brake Harshly…LOL…

I’d like to know what else I got wrong, but couldnt get the answers up…

Nice one Jammy, that was good… hee hee

its something that we all immeadely think about not braking harshly due to either rear enders or watching/hearing your load spread itself out :wink: lol as for reverse why would we want to go further back down that 8 mile queue of traffic caused by a muppet rubber necking at other muppets

34/35 for me.

Kate:
34/35 for me.

Show off!!.. hee hee hee :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

34 for me too but couldn’t get the answers up to find out what I did wrong.

i got 0/35 but then im a spotty faced transport manager who rides a push bike to work.

not really but i got a dismal 27 but i have got a headache.

NEW TEST
Test your understanding of the information on these pages by attempting to answer the simple questions below. In some cases, you may feel there could be more than one “correct” answer!

What is the stopping distance when travelling at 60mph, in dry weather?
300m
600m
Through 27 cars
One crash barrier

What is the correct proceedure for overtaking on a dual carriageway?
Mirror, Signal, Manoeuvre
Manoeuvre, Signal, Mirror
Call Eddie on the cb and ask him to flash you out
What the hell…

Which of the following describes what you should observe in your rear-view mirror after correctly completing the manoeuvre in question two?
An empty road
Thumbs-up from Eddie
Two fingers from the driver behind
What’s a rear view mirror?

Which of the following is a safe place to overtake?
On a steep incline
At the beginning of a short length of dual carriageway
When approaching a roundabout
Approaching roadworks

When is the best time to engage in conversation with your continental counterpart?
On the hard shoulder
When over-taking on a dual carriageway
When approaching road works
When exchanging insurance details

If travelling on the M25, in the wrong direction, which of the following should you attempt?
Take the next exit and return on the opposite carriageway
Continue all the way around until you reach the desired exit again
Proceed along the fast lane, looking for a gap in the central crash barrier so that a u-turn may be attempted
Create a gap in the central crash barrier for a u-turn
Reverse back to the desired exit

When is the best time to make deliveries in densely populated cities?
Mid-morning
Lunchtime
In the early hours of the morning
During the rush-hour

What is the middle pedal for?
To slow the vehicle in order to avoid causing an accident
It is the emergency eject-a-seat, and should only be pressed in extreme circumstances
Interior decoration
Is this a trick question?

When should you use the third lane of a motorway?
When overtaking while approaching a junction where the inside lane leaves the motorway
When overtaking when you know that the inside lane leaves the motorway 10 miles ahead
When there are more than 3 lanes
When there are already two HGVs in the inner two lanes

Which lane should you use when turning left at a roundabout?
The left
The middle
Left and middle
Right
Any lane which takes your fancy

What is the weight limit of your vehicle?
7.5 tonnes
40 tonnes
Whatever you can squeeze in
1 hour

What are the yellow flashing lights on the sides of your vehicle for?
To indicate to other road users your intentions
For decorative effect at night
To indicate that you are unloading whilst parked on double yellow lines
To thank Eddie for letting you know your back end is 3cm infront of his front, so that you may pull infront of him after overtaking

What is a reasonable length of time to complete an overtaking manoeuvre?
20 seconds
Length of an incline
Length of dual carriageway
Length of motorway

When is it reasonable to return to the inside lane?
When Eddie flashes you to tell you that your back end is 3cm infront of his front
When the vehicle you thought you were overtaking has turned off
When you have realised there is no vehicle joining the carriageway from the junction you have approached
When another HGV has pulled out behind you
When you hear about the length of queue you have caused, while listening to the traffic bulletin

When is it reasonable to use your horn?
To signal other road users that the road belongs to you
Morse code, when your cb fails
When practicing your entry for the international truck song contest
To signal to other drivers that you wish to start a convoy
When a car driver prevents you from immediately pulling out

What is the speed limit in a built-up area?
30 mph
Same speed as on a motorway
What built-up area?
The speed at which half your load remains on your vehicle after negotiating the various speed bumps and other restrictions

What are the wing mirrors for?
To allow you to see other vehicles which are behind/alongside you
To allow you to examine the cleavage of passing female motorists
To discover the colour/absence of ■■■■■■■ of passing female motorists
For attachment of the piece of string “direction indicator”
To test the suitability of cyclists headware

What should you do during your enforced rest break?
Spend time at Ma’s roadside cafe
Play with toy HGV’s
Drive someone else’s HGV
Tow a caravan
Take a snooze at the wheel

What is a sensible gap to leave between you and the vehicle infront?
Two seconds
One second
A space to allow another HGV to pull in
A space to allow a car to pull in
Room for your windscreen wipers to clean the back of the HGV infront

What do you understand by the term “Defensive Driving”?
Not causing other drivers to swerve or slow down as a result of your manoeuvres, and leaving at least two seconds clearance to the vehicle infront
Not causing an accident involving anyone else
Not causing an accident involving you
Learning martial arts to use to defend yourself from the car driver you nearly killed as a result of your last manoeuvre

What should you do when you see a sign indicating a dual carriageway ahead?
Nothing, as you are already driving at the speed limit, and you are going to wait for the queue behind you to pass before you attempt to overtake the HGV infront
Get ready to pull out and overtake the HGV infront
Accelerate hard, as it is your last chance to prevent anyone overtaking you, and pull out whether there is anything there or not
Slow down, as it is your last chance to extend the queue behind

What are crash barriers for?
To prevent you from crossing onto the opposite carriageway
Width restrictors
Annoying devices for removing paint or puncturing tyres
Devices to wake you up

When driving cross-country on a single carriageway road, which of the following is correct?
You should not be driving cross-country on single carriageway roads, but should only use dual carriageways and motorways
Every two or three miles you should try and find a layby to pull into to let the queue pass
Drive as slowly as possible on the bendy bits and as fast as possible on the straight bits, sticking to the middle of the road to block the view ahead, making it as difficult as possible to be overtaken
Try to straighten out the bendy bits by driving over the center of the road

What should you do when travelling at 60.000 mph on a busy dual carriageway when you find yourself behind another HGV travelling at 59.999 mph?
Ease-off the accelerator to match the speed of the HGV infront, because the marginal difference will not affect your journey time
Wait for a five-mile stretch of clear road before overtaking
Indicate, and wait for someone to let you out
Wait for the car alongside to pass, indicate, and then pull out
Pull out regardless

If you are travelling at 59.999mph on a dual carriageway and Eddie is travelling at 60.000mph and pulls out to overtake you, what should you do?
Slow down and allow him to pass more quickly
Nothing
Chat to him on the CB and discuss plans for later
Wait until he is alongside and then accelerate to 60.000mph to create maximum congestion behind

What should you do when asked to drive an over-loaded lorry?
Refuse
Insist you drive via a weigh-bridge
Make sure it is evenly balanced and drive slowly and carefully
Think “Oh Goody! more ruts mean more roadworks and more opportunity to annoy car drivers!” and then help squeeze more on board
Make sure you have spare wheels to replace the tyres that will burst as a result of being over-loaded

What should you do when stuck in the inside lane behind a farm vehicle at 20 mph?
Wait for a large enough stretch of clear road to accelerate rapidly past, without causing anyone to swerve, slow, or brake suddenly
You wouldn’t get stuck in the inside lane because you can see five miles ahead and would have pulled out earlier
Pull out, and then see if anyone hit you
Wait for a car travelling fast in the outside lane and pull out, without signalling, at the absolute last moment consistent with an emergency stop just being possible without hitting you

What should you do when overtaken by a car with a sun-roof or window open, or top down?
Nothing
Try to throw your crisp packet or Yorkie bar wrapper through the gap
Try to empty your ash tray through the gap
Try to throw your lit cigarette through the gap

What should you do when feeling tired on a long drive?
Stop in a suitable service area and have a sleep
Stop on the hard shoulder and have a sleep
Start counting cars that you nearly hit whilst swerving all over the road whilst half-asleep
Keep driving anyway

What should you do when you see a sign warning that your vehicle will not fit through the tunnel ahead?
Seek an alternate route around the tunnel in question
Those people who write the signs don’t understand HGVs in the same way that expert lorry drivers do - I know my vehicle will easily fit through that gap, no matter what the sign says the height/width limit is
Try to get as much speed up as possible, in the hope that your momentum will take you all the way through, also widening the tunnel for your colleagues
You are running late, so you are going to try and get through it anyway, and if you don’t make it, at least you will hold up everyone else too
Crash into the side of the tunnel, totally destroying it, as if you can’t use the tunnel, neither can anyone else!

How do you judge a successful journey?
Completed safely and uneventfully
Completed safely with most of the load intact
Completed in record time
Maximum number of cars in queue behind
Maximum number of cars sounded their horn

What do you do when you see stationary or slow-moving traffic ahead?
Slow down and stop, as you left plenty of room to do so safely
Perform an emergency stop and just avoid hitting them
Swerve all over the road, while locking the wheels and burning rubber, in an attempt to avoid hitting them
Take your foot off the accelerator and grab your Yorkie bar and use the cars to stop you, as you will be ok up above them all

What are headlights for?
To warn other road users of your presence
For other road users to warn you of their presence
To flash Eddie, to let him know it is safe to pull in/out
To dazzle car drivers on the opposite carriageway
To dazzle car drivers who have somehow managed to get past you

How should you drive in heavy rain/spray/fog/bad weather conditions?
Much slower, leaving more space between you and the vehicle infront, and with adequate illumination
As normal, but use the windscreen wipers
Make a point of swerving into all the pools of water you encounter, throwing it all into the path of the vehicle behind you
Overtake more, as everyone else seems to be driving unnecessarily slower than usual

We all appreciate that driving HGVs long distances is boring and monotonous, so which of the following do you do to pass the time?
Suggest to your boss that the load should go by rail, making your journey unnecessary
Concentrate exclusively on the driving, with lots of breaks
Listen to the radio for traffic reports
Shave, smoke, chat on CB
Same as previous, plus read map/newspaper, cut toe nails, trim beard, polish beer belly, and write letters, whilst eating a greasy bacon roll and Yorkie bar

What is the best approach to short lengths of dual carriageway?
I cannot complete an overtaking manoeuvre, so leave it for the queue of cars behind to pass instead
I might try and overtake if there are no cars behind
An opportunity to converse with Eddie alongside and hold up a few cars in the process
I will always pull out immediately and try to overtake, regardless of the queue behind and that it is uphill

What causes the ruts on the inside lane of dual carriageways/motorways?
A very high percentage of overloaded HGVs all driving on exactly the same line, on inadequately constructed roads
My vehicle
It’s a government attempt to convert roads into railways
It’s a government attempt to help automate HGV driving by providing guide paths

Why do HGVs have so many spare wheels?
Because a high percentage of them are overloaded, which causes so many burst tyres
An opportunity to save time when the tyres burst
An opportunity to deposit more bits of burst tyre on the roads
An opportunity to buy cheap tyres in bulk, to keep the vehicle going for longer without forced rest stops
An opportunity to breakdown in the outside lane/across junctions to change the wheel

How do you overtake cyclists?
When overtaking, give plenty of clearance
When overtaking, give minimal clearance
When stuck behind them try to nudge them along, when overtaking try to brush them off the road, and when alongside try to change gear or use the air brakes to frighten them with the loud noise so they fall over
They are actually annoying speed bumps
Collect them like butterflies

What should you do when you notice a motorcyclist rapidly approaching you from behind?
You wouldn’t notice a motorcyclist approaching you from behind, as you don’t use your mirrors
Drive through as many muddy puddles as possible, hoping to cover their visor in mud and obscure their view
Try to obscure their view of the road ahead by swaying from side-to-side
Turn on your ‘Instant Hurricane Generator’, in the hope of creating a big enough slipstream to throw them off the bike

What is the proceedure when driving in convoy with other HGVs from the same company?
Multiple loads to the same destination should definately go by rail
Ensure HGVs depart in order with the fastest/lightest first so there is never a need to overtake each other
All drive in view of each other and chat continuously on the CB
Drive alongside each other and chat out the window
Play ‘cat and mouse’, taking it in turns to overtake each other for the entire journey

What do you do when you suddenly realise you are lost?
Pull-over into the next layby and consult a map or request help via radio
Tail-gate the HGV infront, hoping they are going the same way as you
Stop in the middle of the road and walk up to the nearest road sign, scratching your head in confusion
Stop half-way between the two exits of a junction, while examining an upside-down map, blocking anyone else using either path, until another HGV driver walks up to your window, wondering if you need help
Same as above, except the driver trying to help then discovers you are foreign, and don’t speak any English

When driving down steep mountains, whist heavily overloaded, do you:
Press the middle pedal, to see if it actually does anything
Speed down the mountain, going past clock speed, and using as much road as you can (let’s see if the limiter can slow me THIS time!!)
Weave all over the road, intending to make it flatter for the next truck
If its winter, sound your air horn, hoping to cause an avalanche, to help you on your way down
Same as above, except play your Julie Andrews cd at top volume, filling the mountains with the sound of music, until the hills come alive in the form of a land-slide, then call out the local mountain rescue team and get them to deliver your cargo, while you make off with a lonely goatherd (Lay ee odl lay ee odl lay hee hoo)

Borrowed from Here

34/35 but don’t know which one was wrong as the answer page won’t come up.

Its actually amazing that all the experience here in these forums, that no-one has actually got 35/35 yet… :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Maybe there is one trick question :question: :unamused: :unamused:

Finally managedto work out why no answers as you needed to go to http://drivtest.carltononline.com/test.htm first then do the test and then once done the test it will pop up the answers (something to do with the way the website is coded :wink: anyway for those of you who dont want to re do test again here are the answers http://drivtest.carltononline.com/answers.htm for those who want to do test NO CHEATING

hides I AM NOT HERE OK NO IM NOT

I got 34/35.

SPOILER ALERT…

I think that the one I got “wrong” was a bit ambiguous - “AS YOU APPROACH THIS CYCLIST THE MAIN HAZARD YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF IS THAT THE CYCLIST MAY…?”

Since the cyclist is already on the road, overtaking parked cars on the left, they’re not going to “swerve into the road.”

metalhead10:

I’m treating that with the contempt it deserves!!! :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(True, mind… :blush: )

i got 26…but i drive a white van…

LucyR:

metalhead10:

I’m treating that with the contempt it deserves!!! :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(True, mind… :blush: )

lol i was trying to find something in return that was orientated towards men but i must of got sidetracked lol ah well heheheh :stuck_out_tongue: