Managers !

Went out today with our manager riding with me ,so we are joining the m25 from the m11 heading towards the bridge took the bend at around 40mph next thing i no hes saying speed limits 30mph here didnt you see the sign so i explained that it was an avisary limit as its not in a red circlei did sugest he reads the highway code before opening his mouth he wasent best pleased said he will prove it what chance is there when they dont even no the basics !

He’s not the only one…

muckaway i must say i am looking forward to him proving it

But if you really want to scare him try it at that speed fully freighted joining the M11 from the M25. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bjd:
Went out today with our manager riding with me ,so we are joining the m25 from the m11 heading towards the bridge took the bend at around 40mph next thing i no hes saying speed limits 30mph here didnt you see the sign so i explained that it was an avisary limit as its not in a red circlei did sugest he reads the highway code before opening his mouth he wasent best pleased said he will prove it what chance is there when they dont even no the basics !

Presumably the advice was for “other” drivers.

wish our managers would come out with us sometime, then maybe they wouldnt expect 5 hrs work to be done in 3!
why do bosses employ t m’s that dont even drive a truck and obviously cant read a map?

no waddy its not for other drivers and i have on mnay ocasions when fully loaded slowed down to 30 but on this ocasion it wasent required thats why its advisary adapt to the road conditions and what your driving ect ect ect 3.10 The advisory speed sign to diagram 513.2
“Maximum speed advised“ is prescribed for use only
in combination with the “Loose chippings“ sign to
diagram 7009 (see Chapter :sunglasses: or the bend warning
signs to diagrams 512, 512.1, 512.2 or 513. The sign
should be used sparingly, as in general it should be
for drivers to judge what speed to adopt. It is not
easy to determine a standard safe speed to negotiate
a bend; factors which influence this include radius
of curvature, camber / superelevation, road surface
condition and type of vehicle. The sign may be used
where the road layout is such that a driver might be
misled, e.g. at an exit from a high-speed road where
significant slowing is required before negotiating
a sharp bend. It may also be used on high-speed
roads where the horizontal design radius cannot
be achieved, but a mandatory speed limit is not
imposed. It must not be used with mandatory
speed limit signs, nor in place of repeater signs.

yeh so there waddy lol :smiley:

hyper26:
yeh so there waddy lol :smiley:

I obviously know nothing.

So if you took your kids to Longleat or Shepreth,would you drive past the advisory sign that said lions & Tigers may bite and Monkeys may pull your wiper blades off, would you stop and let the kids out? :laughing:

Carryfast:
But if you really want to scare him try it at that speed fully freighted joining the M11 from the M25. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It can be done :sunglasses:

Anti clockwise on the M25 to southbound M11 is a piece of ■■■■, loaded or empty, clockwise M25 to southbound M11 can also be done, but you need all the road including the hard shoulder and I’ve only ever done it loaded with a tipper behind me (what else :laughing: ) that had 26ton of clinker, nice and low center of gravity, it was not very sensible, but I’m not often accused of that :open_mouth: