Test station closure

Just had it confirmed yesterday, that the Vosa test station at Bredbury, Stockport is to close in 12 weeks time.
Anyone who normally uses this test centre will now have to use Chadderton instead,
Great isn’t it, we get an increase of 9% on test fees, then we have to travel halfway round the country to find a test station that’s open, that of course doesn’t take into account the loss of time and earnings.Grrrrrrhhh.
No doubt this won’t be the last one to be closed.

Hi 434mike, That’s sad news mate… :frowning:

In my LGV instructor days, there was a good butty van on the Bredbury site. :grimacing:
I hope the guy can find a new pitch, cos it’d be a shame to lose such a good butty van.

Was there DSA LGV testing at that location and has that also gone :question:

Hi Rog,
yes there is a lgv driving test facility at this station, and as i understand it the whole station is closing.
Its a pretty busy station and the knock on effects will be huge.

So where is the LGV drivers test going to?. The DSA didnt go to Chadderton from Heywood because they would not pay 50% towards the cost of the site.I work 100 yards from Chadderton its busy now .Crap its going to get worse!!.

also closing Steeton,Bradford and Par, St Austell :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

described as the first three to close :open_mouth:

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … close.html

and a lot more to come

The Department for Transport (DfT) has tasked VOSAwith the mission of shifting 85% of tests to privately run Authorised Testing Facilities (ATF) by 2013.

shock: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think the plan is to have a few ‘DSA super test centres’ which will service large areas, where they test from motorbikes to artics and do all the theory testing as well.

Well lets hope that there is some consistency with learner pass rates, I took my test at Steeton cos Hargreaves Training had a fall out at Partick Green (Leeds) over pass rates, I did see a comparison table somewhere iirc Rog posted it and the difference was 10% :open_mouth: .

If any of the guys & gals at The Grove Cafe, Steeton, read, I do hope that you can continue serving up your excellent nosh.

MADBAZ:
Well lets hope that there is some consistency with learner pass rates, I took my test at Steeton cos Hargreaves Training had a fall out at Partick Green (Leeds) over pass rates, I did see a comparison table somewhere iirc Rog posted it and the difference was 10% :open_mouth: .

Rog posted it - HERE

I passed me test at Bredbury in March1978. I was with Mount School of Motoring from Salford ,they reckoned it was a better place to get a pass than Heywood

Talking to the guy who taught me class C ,Told me about the supercentres .He said they are building one at Atherton near Bolton.

There are some new test centres being built, but quite lot more of them are also going to close. Its part of a move towards “authorised test facilities” in simple terms, the vehicle examiner will come to your premises or a designated one in the area to carry out testing of vehicles.

bugger i passed both my tests at bredbury it would also of been very handy if i ever lost /needed a new digi card as i live about 5 minutes walk from the place :open_mouth: :frowning:

i’m assuming that when that place shuts that we will have to go to chadderton for said digi cards ■■?

gonzothejaffa1:
bugger i passed both my tests at bredbury it would also of been very handy if i ever lost /needed a new digi card as i live about 5 minutes walk from the place :open_mouth: :frowning:

i’m assuming that when that place shuts that we will have to go to chadderton for said digi cards ■■?

yep probably Gonzo, see the girls in the reception at Chadderton for an application if the worst happens, it might also be possible as a digi card holder to do it via the DVLA website.

Talking to the mechanic at our place .He used to run into Chadderton for a brake test before MOT time.He rang up recently he was told they are that busy they dont have time to do these tests anymore.So if you go in and fail on brakes it gets logged against your company.So when Bredbury close it will only get worse and worse