Farewell Vosa ???

Various transport magazines and other organisations have launched a small campaign to save Vosa run testing stations which it seems are likely to be closed to save money.
As this is the Owners and Fleet Operators site I thought I would ask if anyone had an opinion.
Now I have in the past considered this matter since one manufacturer with whom I had a very bad relationship was actually looking forward to undertaking MOT testing,just about the same time as his most Senior technician was informing me that over 60% of his dealerships were substandard.
So my own opinion is that since I remain unimpressed with dealerships standards reluctantly I suppose Vosa should continue to undertake testing.

Armagedon:
Various transport magazines and other organisations have launched a small campaign to save Vosa run testing stations which it seems are likely to be closed to save money.
As this is the Owners and Fleet Operators site I thought I would ask if anyone had an opinion.
Now I have in the past considered this matter since one manufacturer with whom I had a very bad relationship was actually looking forward to undertaking MOT testing,just about the same time as his most Senior technician was informing me that over 60% of his dealerships were substandard.
So my own opinion is that since I remain unimpressed with dealerships standards reluctantly I suppose Vosa should continue to undertake testing.

I not sure ATF’s are a very good idea and I have a sneaky feeling it’s going to mean test fees going up !! Not only will we have to pay VOSA tester’s fees but there’s also the lane fees ( which are the only income the ATF will have)

Bad idea , if Vosa tell me there is a fault I will beleive them, if garage tells me Iam not so sure then I would like second opinion before being ripped off

We’ve had an independant test station in Middlewich for several years now, but thats all they do, MOT and plating work so no vested interest in mechanical repairs, probably the best arrangement.
Another plus point, and depending on how willing the VOSA testers are for overtime :wink: , rather than turn work away when appointments during normal working hours are fully booked, they will start to book tests out of hours, been in at 05-00 on a sat morning before now :confused:

Denis F:
I not sure ATF’s are a very good idea and I have a sneaky feeling it’s going to mean test fees going up !! Not only will we have to pay VOSA tester’s fees but there’s also the lane fees ( which are the only income the ATF will have)

The test fees charged by the independant station will still be set by VOSA, with the testers contracted in to do the inspections and issue certs.

If you read the commercial moter,you will see there is a business in Hereford who has been offered the job by Vosa,but doesn’t want to know. The local test station at Llandrindod Wells has shut,which means a lot of travelling and expense for the hauliers from that area.