test part 2

what can i say another fail cant belive it .got 2 serious faults one for speed which i got done for on the ist test and one for lane markings bus lane that lorries can drive down and never see the sign so siting in a que of traffic then i get from the exmainer YOU DO NO LORRIES CAN USE THIS BUS LANE. which at that point i thought bollox .all i can say is that im not a happy chappy,but onwards and upwards for test 3.i just hope its 3rd time lucky
CLARK

Bad luck mate, keep your chin up i’m sure you will do it next time.
Just slow down and keep an eye out for bus lane time signs.

if you look on the internet you can find maps of the test routes, might be worth the week before your test to drive all the test routes,

i did and found it to be a big help, even if only for the confidence.

Are test nerves a big problem for you :question: :question:

no nerves today went there feeling good .just the way the cookies crumble .if it wernt for them had 8 faults so it wernt that bad .the speed well what can i say when was having my training they
were telling to fasten up to limts cause i was going to slow but on the test i m driving like a boy racer not my words the exmainers.but never mind hopefully goes better next time cause aint got a endless pit of cash.

clark:
no nerves today went there feeling good .just the way the cookies crumble .if it wernt for them had 8 faults so it wernt that bad .the speed well what can i say when was having my training they
were telling to fasten up to limts cause i was going to slow but on the test i m driving like a boy racer not my words the exmainers.but never mind hopefully goes better next time cause aint got a endless pit of cash.

It is up to you to recognise appropriate places to get up to, and stay at, the legal limits
This comes down to what can I describe as a ‘general driving ability’ - in other words it would be the same as what you would do in normally in your car - the problem is that of ‘knowing’ whether you are doing right in the car - the only way to know that is to have the car driving checked.

I would recommend that anyone who is thinking of doing their first LGV course that they have their general car driving checked first.
This might then highlight any general driving faults or manner/style of driving and could be addressed before any training starts.
This would then save time on a course where the trainee is paying a lot of money - why pay money to address a problem which could have been sorted a lot more cheaply :exclamation:
I’m not saying that it needs a DSA type person to check the car driving - better to have someone who is beyond that ethos of rules and procedures.

Cheap way - have a FREE asessment by a local advanced driving group or by a seasoned truck driver if you know one - I assure you that if you tell a trucker that you are going for your LGV and you WANT them to make comments on your driving - THEY WILL :exclamation:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15857

this may help it is a sticky btw