TESCO

Its just been on bbc northwest news that tesco is to shut its RDC at middlewich in june. Not long a go tesco shut down its RDC at stakehill and moved it to a new warehouse in widnes (which i think is stobarts)

i remember that depot being built at middlewich was about 92/93 i used to pull trailers for international paper round the corner at winsford, even been in there with kelloggs when it first opened.

overdrive:
i remember that depot being built at middlewich was about 92/93 i used to pull trailers for international paper round the corner at winsford, even been in there with kelloggs when it first opened.

I used to run new Tesco trolleys & cages in there from Forfar, so it must have just opened.

In the newspaper today the place at Widnes which was owned by Stobart has been sold to an insurance company for £61M and they are going to lease it back to Tesco. Nice work if you can get it :stuck_out_tongue:

liverpooldailypost.co.uk/ldp … -25939717/

there aint no friends in business the drivers at middlewich just got 90 days notice the drivers from hawley lane depot been moved to appleton except 10 trampers so when the big green and blue machine starts making decisions expect to lose your job or relocate !!! and i can tell you this when it opens properly at widnes dont expect to get over runcorn bridge in hurry unless they build a route for stobart traffic they will probably build a bridge and call it stobart gateway

How good will this rail service be from
Spain to the UK via France ■■?

If I was paying attention to the local BBC news last night,I’m sure they said that Tesco were relocating to a site in Lincolnshire,the same Lincolnshire that the BBC made out was the first choice destination for eastern european immigrants who will happily work for buttons.Surely just a coincidence ?

Most of the volumes from Middlewich are relocating to Goole, although I gather there will also be overspill into Lichfield and probably Widnes when that comes on stream. I’d be surprised if Tesco didn’t roll the model out across the whole network with new bigger sites introduced to replace the older depots. For instance it was looking to close Brooklands and relocate to Andover (almost certainly putting pressure on Nursling too) and although Andover isn’t happening I guess the strategy behind that hasn’t disappeared.

Dom Perry

Northern boy:
‘…tesco is to shut its RDC at middlewich in june…’

Yikes. My only trip to Tesco Middlewich: The very place where I hooked up & missed the pin because the unit wasn’t jacked high enough :blush:

I can move on now :wink:

Happy Keith:

Northern boy:
‘…tesco is to shut its RDC at middlewich in june…’

Yikes. My only trip to Tesco Middlewich: The very place where I hooked up & missed the pin because the unit wasn’t jacked high enough :blush:

I can move on now :wink:

school boy error me thinks keithy boy :laughing:

overdrive:
i used to pull trailers for my international paper round.

I think the big story here is that Overdrive had an International paper round. I thought mine round the Norwich ring road was bad :smiley:

dustylfc:
there aint no friends in business the drivers at middlewich just got 90 days notice

This news has been going around the town for six months so it will hardly be a surprise to them, the lease is up on the warehouse soon, and the greater plan instigated by the Stobart takeover is to move all the distribution work to Widnes in the new warehouse complex being built at the former O’Connors railhead/AHC site, apparently all this relocation and new building work will help Tesco reduce their carbon footprint :laughing:

Big Joe:

dustylfc:
there aint no friends in business the drivers at middlewich just got 90 days notice

This news has been going around the town for six months so it will hardly be a surprise to them, the lease is up on the warehouse soon, and the greater plan instigated by the Stobart takeover is to move all the distribution work to Widnes in the new warehouse complex being built at the former O’Connors railhead/AHC site, apparently all this relocation and new building work will help Tesco reduce their carbon footprint :laughing:

yer that huge big lie about global destruction to add more taxes , carbon foot prints !! another con its all about making money at the same time getting favours off goverment as it looks like there saving the planet tesco is a huge business and world ■■■■■■■■■■ is next :laughing:

Big Joe:

dustylfc:

O’Connors / stobart has gone from there then? Or they adding this WITH the container side??

waynedl:

Big Joe:

dustylfc:

O’Connors / stobart has gone from there then? Or they adding this WITH the container side??

Err. No.

Stobart employs about 1,000 staff at its multi-modal operations in Warrington, Runcorn and Widnes, where it has sold 70 acres of its 165-acre inland port operation to the pensions arm of Legal & General Assurance.

I know from recent personnel experience that due to the closure of Middleton (manchester) Doncaster are now delivering to stores over the pennines & covering Middletons chill drops. This has resulted in changes of territory Doncaster covers, loosing stores in the N.East, but gaining a large chunk of Lancastershire & Cheshire. The drivers at Doncaster are slightly unhappy because instead of 8hr average shifts, they are doing 10-11hrs+ Which is where I fell foul recently as I took a 10am agy booking there thinking Id be done 6pm-8pm and be able start on another job at 8am the next day, but after 2 extra drops (1 in manchester) I finished at 23:45. It was also a flat rate throughout :frowning:

Wheel Nut:

Stobart employs about 1,000 staff at its multi-modal operations in Warrington, Runcorn and Widnes, where it has sold 70 acres of its 165-acre inland port operation to the pensions arm of Legal & General Assurance.

L+G already had links with Stobart didnt they?

you missed the pin cos the trailer was dropped toooo hiiggghh

peirre:
I know from recent personnel experience that due to the closure of Middleton (manchester) Doncaster are now delivering to stores over the pennines & covering Middletons chill drops. This has resulted in changes of territory Doncaster covers, loosing stores in the N.East, but gaining a large chunk of Lancastershire & Cheshire. The drivers at Doncaster are slightly unhappy because instead of 8hr average shifts, they are doing 10-11hrs+ Which is where I fell foul recently as I took a 10am agy booking there thinking Id be done 6pm-8pm and be able start on another job at 8am the next day, but after 2 extra drops (1 in manchester) I finished at 23:45. It was also a flat rate throughout :frowning:

i would love an 8 to 10 hour day but getting paid by the hour means early start late home …least my dogs r well fed :laughing:

we are getting 12 hour shifts every day in livingston now. over christmas it was 6 - 8 hour shifts. they cant keep up with the extra shops that have been opened plus the extra work in the north east that has recently been dumped on livi. one of the shops i delivered to yesterday was complaining that they are having fresh cut back because of a lack of warehouse staff in the RDC. i have yet to meet a tesco employee who actually likes tesco :confused:

the one that made me laugh was my local tesco dimming the lights in the shop to save on the electric bill :laughing:

scanny77:
we are getting 12 hour shifts every day in livingston now. over christmas it was 6 - 8 hour shifts. they cant keep up with the extra shops that have been opened plus the extra work in the north east that has recently been dumped on livi. one of the shops i delivered to yesterday was complaining that they are having fresh cut back because of a lack of warehouse staff in the RDC. i have yet to meet a tesco employee who actually likes tesco :confused:

the one that made me laugh was my local tesco dimming the lights in the shop to save on the electric bill :laughing:

they will regret the day they got into bed wi stobart.
its their grand plan to have every depot run by stobart and livi will be next.
they have just severed a long partnership with wincanton that went way back to the days of Glass Glover Distribution , just for a cheaper and pishier service from stobart.