Tesco/Eddie S

I was going past Tesco’s place at Crick this morning - the older ‘ambient’ bit on the left going south - & I noticed it was all Eddie’s trailers in there. Have Tesco moved out from that one completely? (not that I would be sad to see it go) or is it some other bit of the partnership involvement?

tallyman:
I was going past Tesco’s place at Crick this morning - the older ‘ambient’ bit on the left going south - & I noticed it was all Eddie’s trailers in there. Have Tesco moved out from that one completely? (not that I would be sad to see it go) or is it some other bit of the partnership involvement?

I read somewhere recently that , that depot was closing. Looks like it has and maybe Stobbies have leased/bought it for parking space or whatever?

I’ve just done a spell at Tesco’s in Weybridge through an agency and there are a couple of RDC’s closing and relocating. I believe Crick is one and another is Weybridge. There’s going to be a new RDC in Andover.

They have stopped recruiting full-time drivers at Weybridge since it’s going to close in the Autunm of next year and are using agency drivers and Stobarts (and other operators). I used to pull out of Weybridge for a couple of local firms, but it seems that ES has won the bulk of the work.

tesco gave them 90 days notice at the old crick off j18 ,dont know when the 90 days is up,middleton amby are on 90 days its a wincanton yard,the frozen and chilled at middleton are not affected,lichfield rdc has opened and goole has or nearly has,

Crick is now Fradley Park (Lichfield rdc)

stobarts are hepling to empty site an trunk goods upto the ne site at litchfield should be empty by friday

Tesco Goole isn’t wholly operational yet I don’t think but the goods out office is busy and a few trucks floating round here and there. Some of the site is still under construction though and recruitment isn’t complete (see my thread about tramping).
Not entirely sure how many of the depot staff are Stobarts and how many Tescos, since there’s some of each milling round.

i went to crick yesterday , what a dump , broken pallets with nails sticking up everywhere ,

heard on the grapvine that tesco’s are moving into the empty warehouse by haydock commercials off m53 e/port

Pete, I heard that Vauxhall have got that warehouse on the 53!!