Tesco/Stobarts@Birtley?

Rumours rife that massive new w/house behind Batleys on Drum Ind Est Birtley is going to be a Tesco RDC and Stobbys will be running the transport(using Birtley Truckstop to park the motors) Can anyone shed any light on this??

trying giving them a ring and asking. :laughing:

Rang them before Christmas when i first heard the rumours but Stobarts were keeping their cards close to their chest,just told me to keep checking the website.Nowt on there yet.

birtley truckstops closed aint it■■?/

Aye its closed but apparently Stobarts are going to buy it to use as a depot for the tesco job.

Couple of months ago heard rumour supposed to be 4 or 5 trucks & were going to use Simpsons yard to park,
Makes sense but like I say rumours :question: :question:

simpsons yard often has stobarts parked in it, usually volvos. even when they were based at throckley two stobart ivecos used it to park there.
the warehouse looks finished now, i passed it this weekend

It had loads of new? Fridges in and some other trailers the other week.

I was in the Seagraves yard just yesterday, floggin some pallets and I was chatting to a Sunblest Rigid driver and he was telling me Stobarts had bought The Birtley Truck Stop and that the Drum site was going to be used for running rigids only?

I wasnt aware Stobarts had rigids.

Isn’t supermarket work a lot of sitting on your ■■■ in RDC’s?

And isn’t Tesco one of the worse for it?

Old truckstop being used by Smitz at the min for storage of new trailers, my brother in law works for eddies on the tesco job he has heard wispers that the depot is going to be a satelite depot and have no transport of it’s own being used for returns of white goods and nonfood items.