Eddie Stobart looking for drivers

I don’t how true this is, but a Mod on the Stobart forum (Don’t ask!! :blush: ) has just informed me that they are looking for drivers.

dinosteveus1:
I don’t how true this is, but a Mod on the Stobart forum (Don’t ask!! :blush: ) has just informed me that they are looking for drivers.

Would they take people on and train them to drive?

DAF95XF:

dinosteveus1:

Would they take people on and train them to drive?

No idea, Sorry.

its says that on their website but depends what depot, dont think there are any jobs in my area

looky here

Yeh they take you on but only to do class 1 licence you already have to have your class 2

Adam

i stuck on application on line but they are not interviewing til mid sept.

My mate put an application with Stobbies in, back in february and got a letter back saying his application was in a queue and he’s still waiting for an interview

i done my form online in late febuary week later i had a phone call saying do i want interview at crick on may 4 and i started on may 12 been here since

DABenji:
its says that on their website but depends what depot, dont think there are any jobs in my area

Not looked at their website but the nearest one to you is in cwmbran running out of Knauf :wink:

The same stuff your pulling now except its on pallets :wink:

I guess it’s because they’e doing so much Tesco work, at least out of Crick & Middlewich.

the tesco takeover goes through in sept along with the irlams take over. practically all of the tesco drivers are leaving in middlewich, so I guess they will be taking on a load of drivers for store deliveries.

Is it normal that I saw a Green liveried Irlam Scania yesterday? I think it was pulling a Tesco trailer.

I know the livery has changed for O.Connors

I thought I had read that the Irlam livery would be kept the same when Mr Tinkler signed the cheque.

Is it normal that I saw a Green liveried Irlam Scania yesterday? I think it was pulling a Tesco trailer.

I know the livery has changed for O.Connors

I thought I had read that the Irlam livery would be kept the same when Mr Tinkler signed the cheque.

Yeh its a way of intergrating Irlams into stobbies long term …he signed a deal that the irlam name would be kept but not the truck livery etc

The trucks you see with irlam on the roof are the ones that were due for replacement and have just been replaced with stobbies backstock rather than shelling out for new trucks

ive applied 4 the jobs on-line!

Andydisco:
My mate put an application with Stobbies in, back in february and got a letter back saying his application was in a queue and he’s still waiting for an interview

Must be interviewing at an RDC then! :wink:

stobarts are taking on at middlewich i hope they get enough drivers asap coz i dont want to be on tesco its dogs@@t work i cant be doing with it

i once had a dream, i wanted to wear the eddie green top, walk across a service area looking down on the other scruffy drivers… i would have given up more money just to be able to have my own eddie van to get me from depot to depot… my own fuel card… ahhh the dreams… the dreams i had,
i could travel the country in my own eddie van to a diff depot every week and get paid for doing it… im finding it hard to belive hes still advertising for drivers… then one day i got a call… eddie didnt want me :cry: i wasnt good enough :cry: … i didnt have enough exp going to RDCS :cry: the dream was gone… the lower wage was gone and worst of all the van was never gonna be mine NEVER :cry: … this was so hard to take, i told people and they mocked me :cry: they said i am a stobart fail :cry: then they was a light i was put on a local depot waiting list :laughing: i was excited again… i wasnt getting a van but the green top with some old driver called “eddie” name on the back… i didnt care it wasnt my name i didnt… but i still await the call from eddie… :cry:

eddie let me down… i can never forgive him never… can someone pass me a tissue :cry: :cry: :cry:

ive applied for middlewich, crick and the 1 near leeds! i wouldnt mind if i was on the tesco runs, all i want is a job working for steddie :slight_smile:

bless you