Eddie Stobart Widnes

Hi all,
I passed my c+e last week and have applied for Eddie stobart
Online as there’s 2 jobs available (ports, and tesco)

The closing date is today and I rang to confirm that they got my application.
The woman on the phone said they’ll ring me within 2 weeks to let me know
If ive been short listed or not then go for assessment/induction

Has anyone experienced this or know how long itll take any advise etc,
Much appreciated thanks.

I’m sure there was a thread on this exact thing only a week ago. Try looking down the topics for Eddie stobart. Might of been in the professional drivers forum.

Tarrman:
I’m sure there was a thread on this exact thing only a week ago. Try looking down the topics for Eddie stobart. Might of been in the professional drivers forum.

Ok nice one

I highly doubt they will call you to let you know either way, if they done that they’d have no hours of the day left. I can only see them contacting you if you’re successful. If you are, you get an assessment drive and if you pass that, you then need to convince the office bod in an interview.

Okay Sam,

Im stuck at the min think I’ve been offered a full time job at b&m providing I pass assessment or should I wait for Stobarts where after 2 weeks I could get told no and lose b&m offer :confused: oh well
Decisions decisions.

it’s horrible being anxious to get out I just Want to walk into work
And give them my notice I’m sick of it now
Been a chef for 6 years and thats enough for me haha!

If you have been offered full time work take it. At least you can be getting experience while you are waiting for "The Job ". You dont know how long you could be waiting for another opportunity

Personally I’d hang on and wait to see if anything appears from Stobarts. I got a letter saying they had my application and I’d hear from them in due course, but then the next day I got an assessment/interview invite…

IMHO, I’ve heard some rather dodgy things about B+M (I’m guessing that you mean the supermarket place, not Bagnall + Morris the binmen?). Dodgy trailers, dodgy tail-lifts bending or dropping as you put a pallet onto them?

The container port is good if you can get onto it, long days but only Monday to Friday, maybe some Saturdays, never seem to see any of their units out of their yard on Sundays.

If you go to the Tesco side, you will be working weekends. They’re not recruiting any weekday only shift patterns anymore so bear that in mind. Day shifts tend to average about 9-11 hours, but do do clock up a fair bit of POA…

Hi mate,
I do Want to hang on to be honest stobart would be great to work for
Aswell as knowing a few people in there already,

I’m used to doing 70 hour weeks in the restaurant so I’m not afraid of hard graft :slight_smile:
Sounds great to me the tesco side of things but the ports/containers also sounds good.

My dads mate who used to work for b&m (supermarket) said the same so I don’t really want to work there but who am I to complain I just need experience and to get into a lorry and get out of the chef industry :slight_smile: