New Stobart/Tesco RDC in Widnes

Afternoon Gents,
Does anybody have an address for Tesco’s Widnes?

Many thanks SB

Here you go…Stobart Port, 3MG Desoto Road, Widnes, Cheshire WA8 0PE

0151 424 6724

Many thanks for the fast reply.

Much appreciated, SB

Reported in the Liverpool Echo… liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo … -25855374/

Deathstar:
Reported in the Liverpool Echo… liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo … -25855374/

judging by the comments on that article they think there are some jobs being created there.
I’m sure the lorries will have no problems getting in and out that depot at peak hours.

The next thing to follow Tesco’s into Widnes will be the fresh fruit and veg train from Vallencia.
It makes sense to them to run it into there or even part of it after its tipped off at Dagenham.

The whole picture according to MT is that:
Wincanton loses Tesco Middleton transport work to Stobart.
Middleton warehouse is taken in house.
In July Middleton moves to Widnes.
This is another large business loss for Wincanton gained by Stobart.

also here

Another empty house on Stakehill, Will be a ghost town on there soon.

Stobart & Tesco’s have again teamed up, the big massive new distribution that has been built at the O’Conner group at Widnes is to replace Tesco’s Middleton depot. 900 jobs are to be created, there are currently 600 people who work at Middleton who will be offered jobs at Widnes. Now excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but the depot is right next to Runcorn Bridge. The bridge is stuffed with traffic as it is, adding another 900 strong workforces journeys whether they are crossing the bridge or not, it is still going to clog the bridge up further, also the delivery wagons into the depot and the tesco/stobarts trucks out of the depot are just going to add to the chaos, who’s stupid idea’s are these.

B1 GGK:

Only need Aldi to move and it will be. Sainsbury’s old warehouse has been empty for a number of years, 2x Ex DHL warehouses empty + at least a couple more.

When I worked at Wincanton’s 10 years ago, people said Stobart would never get into Tesco because Wincanton’s had it all sawn up. Hmmmmmmmm me thinks Wincanton got a bit complacent. Also Culina blew Wincanton’s out of chilled consolidation.

Moral: Your never to big to lose contracts.

Work Shy:

B1 GGK:

Only need Aldi to move and it will be. Sainsbury’s old warehouse has been empty for a number of years, 2x Ex DHL warehouses empty + at least a couple more.

Don’t forget about the recycling place over the road, there will be 2 more empty warehouses on Stakehill.

Kerbdog:
Stobart & Tesco’s have again teamed up, the big massive new distribution that has been built at the O’Conner group at Widnes is to replace Tesco’s Middleton depot. 900 jobs are to be created, there are currently 600 people who work at Middleton who will be offered jobs at Widnes. Now excuse me for pointing out the obvious, but the depot is right next to Runcorn Bridge. The bridge is stuffed with traffic as it is, adding another 900 strong workforces journeys whether they are crossing the bridge or not, it is still going to clog the bridge up further, also the delivery wagons into the depot and the tesco/stobarts trucks out of the depot are just going to add to the chaos, who’s stupid idea’s are these.

Thought they were building a new bridge over the Manchester Ship Canal/Mersey to counter this problem.

Yes but it’s years away from even being started on, and it will be further down the river towards Warrington, they should have done it properley and continued the m57 link (the a5300 expressway) straight across the river and straight to the m56. Would have been expensive but brilliant.

www2.halton.gov.uk/merseygateway/

Also they will be ‘tolling’ BOTH bridges when the new one is built and HGV’s will be sent across the new one.

Not been up that way for years,the photo of proposed new crossing looks like it’s from Astmoor Industrial Estate ( Runcorn ) to West Bank ( Widnes ),you’re right about the A5300 expressway going straight across the river to the M56 though.
Forward planning eh ? :wink:

Work Shy:

B1 GGK:

When I worked at Wincanton’s 10 years ago, people said Stobart would never get into Tesco because Wincanton’s had it all sawn up. Hmmmmmmmm me thinks Wincanton got a bit complacent. Also Culina blew Wincanton’s out of chilled consolidation.

Moral: Your never to big to lose contracts.

Was down there the other week for the 1st time in 5 or so years, didnt recongise much because of the amount of empty units.

They’re closing the Pochin Way Middlewich depot too and transfering that to Widnes as well, apparently the lease at Pochin Way runs out in 2011, Stobart’s arn’t flavour of the month in the town at the moment :neutral_face: