I heard....

Heard this morning that although the place is well under construction (and it is a fair size) that it will not be used but mothballed until the need arises for it. Apparently, it will be the largest ambient warehouse in Europe, or so says my gaffer!!

…that Tesco’s RDC’s in Didcot n (is it) Chepstow are gonna close n their gonna build a mega-giganticum one in the area of Green Park/old Brewery site off M4 j11. This came from a warehouseman at ours (who doesn’t see outside drivers) who’s brother works at Didcot. Any truth in this rumour from other quarters? But did also hear a while back that Co-Op were going to open up a RDC in the same area along with either Lidl or Aldi…more myth??

Chepstow closed at the begining of the year, they’ve got a new one that you can see from the M49.

Unless they mean Magor, but since they recently spent millions building the trunking depot next door, I can’t see it personally

They are gradually replacing the whole chilled network as all the sites are too small. Avonmouth is just the latest one after livingstone and peterboro. Reading will replace didcot and soton, and rainham will be replacing harlow and snodland. I heard that from a shop steward at welham green where we do traction.

The one in widnes is to replace the one in middleton too as I was in middleton a few weeks back and it was deserted :open_mouth:

never seen it so quiet in there

I did hear from a guy at work that Didcot is due to close but someone else was looking to buy it, i live just across the road so i’ll ask around for more info

spok to our didcot folks, and they reckon it may be an asda home shopping hub, as they cant use their old yard down the road? - not to sure why, been hearing way to many stories!

was on meridian news or BBC south news a month or so ago that tesco were holding an open day at the site and taking names of those interested in working there and showing a model and plans of the place.
I work opposite tesco site in soton and heard about 8 months ago that they had out grown the warehouse down here and they would be closing here and Didcot to move to Reading.

A mahussive Co-oP RDC has been opened off the A303 nr Weyhill recently… Run by Norberts…

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=50.742494,-1.995002

I was told that Reading was going to be ambient to replace Weybridge RDC (too small)and that IF Didcot was closed they were going to merge it with Hinkley on a new site in the midlands (do they class Stobartville aka Drift as the midlands??),this may be a load of rubbish,but nearly all our transport managers are ex Tesco (Kiln farm and Fenny lock) :unamused: :unamused:

The new tesco RDC that being built at Reading is to replace Weybridge,it should be up and running in about a year,Tesco av penciled in july 2012 ready for the olympics,its going to be a ambient warehouse first and built to the same design as Livingston,yes didcot is on its way out,a new chilled and frozen warehouses are being built at Rainham(fords) and at dirft Daventry on Stobarts depot,who in turn av brought the Rugby truckstop(A5) as there new depot…Fenny lock closes in 5 weeks and will be mothballed for 6 mounths and then toteley referbed and opened as a ambient to replace Welham Green,…Magor will move over the bridge to join up with avonmouth within 5 years

Is the Reading site , the old Berkshire Brewery site. I loaded some old beer kegs there last year, the place is massive , the fork lift driver reckonrd it was going for housing. Just another forkies myth then.

440Mopar:
Is the Reading site , the old Berkshire Brewery site. I loaded some old beer kegs there last year, the place is massive , the fork lift driver reckonrd it was going for housing. Just another forkies myth then.

Yes! The old brewery site will be the new RDC!

Heard a couple of days back that Didcot isn’t closing!!! And they aint in no hurry in pulling the old brewery down either!

Is Stobby running the transport at new Reading site?