tesco r.d.c

have to be the best there are , well at least you dont have to tip or strip down yourself ,its like a epedemic , everywhere you go they want you to self tip ,who started this ,was it a few drivers in a rush to get tipped and the firms watching cottoned onto it or what.

what was safeways at stockton,they seemed to think that all drivers,tip there own wagons,well when i last did one i pointed out the contract i had with wincanton said driver,not warehouse operative and i wont get in the back.

was advised that i would get tipped quicker,so what i’am hourly paid,and if it takes all night so be it. only got back late (4.30ish)once,and tulip meats as it was then put in a complaint and advised them of the max 1 hr turnround that was agreed between themselfs.

never heard anymore after that.

It is generally accepted that it was the “Germans” who started self tip when the likes of Aldi and Netto "invaded our shores

and as for Tesco :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: are you on drugs :unamused:

In my limited experience Ive never had a problem at Safeways Stockton ( its now Morrisons )…the fork truck driver is always cheerful and enthusiastic , he tells me he enjoys his job.

The other week he re arranged part of my load for me to assist with the next few deliveries.

At Aldis ( Faverdale , Darlington ) on your first visit , they give you a quick demo on the electric pallet trolley , and away you go . There is always a couple of Drivers unloading who are not too happy with this set up. I dont really mind as alot of my deliveries come off with my manual pallet trolley , or even hand ball…so an elect. trolley is eazy peezy.

montana man:
It is generally accepted that it was the “Germans” who started self tip when the likes of Aldi and Netto "invaded our shores

and as for Tesco :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: are you on drugs :unamused:

I totally agree with montana, ive only been asked to self tip at netto and as for tesco why do they bother with booking times only to have you wait an hour to tip you in 10 mins to have you wait three hours for it to be checked and asda are just as bad. :angry:

This tipping buisness is rearing its head everywhere just lately !! Gone are the days when you actually delivered to a bloke who ordered the goods, where his enthusiasm to have the goods and yours to get it off and tipped meant it was an easy straighforward transaction. Now, you are in the lap of the gods. You turn up to an RDC with 26 pallets of bog roll and the warehouse guy is muttering “26 pallets, we’ve an aisle stacked full of them who ordered this?” So you just wait, you ain’t a priority. Netto, Aldi etc…self tip, should be great. You get away as fast as you can get the stuff off? No, the bay you have been told to back onto is full of pallets in the aisle, they have no room, they want you to take it to the other side of the warehouse and then wait for a checker. I can’t be doing with all that stuff. Let me drive and/or let me unoad but don’t keep me waiting to do it all day. Bah !!!

SteadyT:
In my limited experience Ive never had a problem at Safeways Stockton ( its now Morrisons )…the fork truck driver is always cheerful and enthusiastic , he tells me he enjoys his job.

It’s Sainsbury’s now. Ten minute walk from my house… :smiley:

Nope, it,s still Morrisons, help split on the chill side for a drop and drive (give to get), and they tip you on the produce side no drivers splitting, It,s quite a good tip compared to what it was as a Safeways, even with Eddie and the same warehouse staff there, As for ambiant i wouldnt know.

As from Sunday it is a total no smoking site, not even a bus shelter, the old one has been pulled down and it,s out the gates for a smoke.

zorba:
Nope, it,s still Morrisons…

Trust me on this mate, it’s definitely Sainsbury’s. Are we talking about the one at Whitehouse Farm, with the pub at the back, next to the traffic lights? Surrounded by houses on all sides?

Morrisons Northampton 24 pallets 30 minutes gate to gate .
Morrisons up the A14 somewhere 24 pallets 45 minutes gate to gate
:smiley:

And one strange day Asda wakefield 24 pallets 40 minutes gate to gate :open_mouth:
And they pulled me round other people to get me on a bay and tip it , I thought I was going to be killed (please don’t make me go back with the other drivers , please :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: )

They are all as bad as each other but past experience and those 2 mozzies depots have always come up trumps .
Tesco have to 90% of the time come and collect their own , now you fiqure out why !!!

Oh and when the european championship and the world cup are on and England are playing you are royally ■■■■■■ in any Asda depot in England .

PeteG:

zorba:
Nope, it,s still Morrisons…

Trust me on this mate, it’s definitely Sainsbury’s. Are we talking about the one at Whitehouse Farm, with the pub at the back, next to the traffic lights? Surrounded by houses on all sides?

NO !

The old Safeway RDC now Morrisons, here

Ahhhhhhh… I see. Didn’t even know we had any RDCs up here. I’m used to them being in exotic places like Castleford… :wink: