Have just returned

to driving after a few years break and aftre a few weeks watching and listening would like to share my observations.

RDCs- although mainly delivering to Scotland and North of England I find that most are now a lot more pleasant and accomodating to drivers than what i remember. It might be that I am getting more tolerant than before but there seems to be more please and thank you and general help than what I remember. Mind you I have not been back to Morrison East Kilbride yet!

Drivers - still nice to see that other drivers in the main are willing to help and pass on their knowledge, mainly the older generation who have the skill and experience but who take the time to talk and offer a hand if required.

What was funny to see was at a recent visit to Tesco Livingston and for those who have been there will know that it is set out with rows of seats, coffee machine and TV - a big improvement for drivers. But what surprised me and i would be interested to view your comments is that with this facility being available where drivers can get the opprotunity to speak and pass the time is that the opposite took place. There were about 40 drivers waiting to be tipped and of them only about 6 were talking and they were mainly either the owner operators or from the smaller firms. The rest of the group were like condemned men at the Drs surgery and mainly were all employed by the one firm - big contract with Tescos- but did not seem to want to mix with each other.

i have sat in that same waiting room in tesco livingston during the night and listened to drivers from that large firm talkin constantly about how hard and tough a job they have :exclamation: :exclamation: while the drivers from smaller firms wait like myself wait to get tipt after havin driven from other end of country :neutral_face: :neutral_face: let me tell you after listenin to them for four hours you will wish you were in a doctors waiting room :exclamation: :exclamation:

I usually take about 10 bags of crisps and a 2lt bottle of coke in with me when I’m going to tosco livingstone. munch munch munch munch makes the time fly :laughing:

I drive a reefer and RDC`S make me want to chuck it tbh.

Tesco Livingston a walk that would do your dog in from the bay to the office and back again.

Morrisons Bellshill 5 hours with one pallet and a crappy wee sitting room though the lassie in the chill bit is very helpful and pleasant and gets through double the motors in half the time.

Iceland livingston as above only worse a bloody wee hallway with a few plastic chairs and moving your legs to let people by every ten seconds and an argument for the toilet.
You used to have to follow a worker with the toilet key and beg him to let you use it.

Lidl and Aldi livingston and Bathgate the least said the better, I don`t mind tipping myself but I will be dammed if I am splitting pallets for them to count the stuff or if its not on a euro with no damage to the pallet.

Asda Falkirk no real complaints, you give your keys in but sitting in the motor is fine and they tip you quite quickly.

I don`t chat much because its like a bloody jail sentence at times and I am just sitting waiting for my release.

Netto RDC’s are priceless. You have to sign a form saying you are fully trained in using an electric pallet truck and tip yourself. The has to be health and safety issues there if a run a member of staff over. Who do they claim off?

Warren T. Claim:
Netto RDC’s are priceless.

Didn’t think it would be long before Netto raised it’s ugly head. :wink:

Stan

Stanley Knife:

Warren T. Claim:
Netto RDC’s are priceless.

Didn’t think it would be long before Netto raised it’s ugly head. :wink:

Stan

I just don’t understand why they have that attitude. I was kept waiting for over an hour on a bay yesterday because they had nowhere to put my delivery :unamused: It’s not as if I am dropping off unsolicited goods, Netto had ordered them and they should take responsibility for ensuring that they have adequate storage facilities.