Sainsburys East Kilbride.... [zb] Hole

Was in delivering at Sainsburys East Kilbride last week, the way they treat drivers is absolutely shocking… Booked in for 12 noon and arrived at 11:30, reversed onto bay, put my keys on the hook at the loading door then into the drivers room, as required for health & safety reasons… This is the bit that got me, the drivers room is about the size of an average garden shed with 5 chairs in it, when i went in i was with 9 other drivers so 5 of us were standing, bit like sandines in a tin… and i dont really mind too much about standing but 4 hours later i still wasnt tipped… 1 of the other drivers went into use the toilet and came straight back out as the toilet was blocked and full of [zb]… how do RDC’s get away with treating drivers like this■■?

Maybe its just me… am i expecting too much■■?

Yes you are, thats the thing with Truck drivers they ask for far too much!!

Ive not been in there for about 4 years, you used to be able to have a kip in your cab, hate drivers waiting rooms depresses the life out of me.

morrisons in bellshill isnt much better although to be fair, its quicker. you still feel like something that is clogging up the bogs though
one observation i have made regarding this set up. drivers used to chat while they were waiting. these days they just sit (or stand) there seemingly trying to avoid eye contact with one another. strange :confused:

scanny77:
one observation i have made regarding this set up. drivers used to chat while they were waiting. these days they just sit (or stand) there seemingly trying to avoid eye contact with one another. strange :confused:

Not really that strange. Have you heard the crap that is spouted in these sort of places? Best not to give anyone the chance to start talking or you are going to have to listen to BS, or moans and groans about insignificant or non existent problems, it’s a travesty I tell you. Once you’ve made eye contact you are doomed so head down and pretending you don’t speak the language are the two best options to get out of the situation with any degree of sanity left.

These places with the hook on the door are probably the best idea, the door goes up, the keys are safe. I would normally leave my cab door open or have a spare door key anyway, the radio and night heater still work without the ignition on.

The ■■■■■ in the toilet I would have got the health and safety man or the manager to look into it, or have a crap against the door :stuck_out_tongue:

I cannot stand for more than about 10 minutes and cannot sit on low seats either!

webby08:
Was in delivering at Sainsburys East Kilbride last week, the way they treat drivers is absolutely shocking… Booked in for 12 noon and arrived at 11:30, reversed onto bay, put my keys on the hook at the loading door then into the drivers room, as required for health & safety reasons… This is the bit that got me, the drivers room is about the size of an average garden shed with 5 chairs in it, when i went in i was with 9 other drivers so 5 of us were standing, bit like sandines in a tin… and i dont really mind too much about standing but 4 hours later i still wasnt tipped… 1 of the other drivers went into use the toilet and came straight back out as the toilet was blocked and full of [zb]… how do RDC’s get away with treating drivers like this■■?

Maybe its just me… am i expecting too much■■?

i think all sainsburys must be the same, was at the 1 at sherburn thursday with frozen, same there hang keys on hook at side of loading dock then sit in unheated waiting room for 5 hrs, seats consist of home made slats of wood nailed to form a rough bench no backrest, outside temp was - 5 no frigging heating whatsoever

Can always refuse, they’ve 2 choices, drop the trailer on the bay or let you in your unit with them keepin’ keys.

Forcing you to sit in an unheated ‘waiting room’ for 5hrs is wrong… Don’t they also have to feed you after 4hrs?

waynedl:
Can always refuse, they’ve 2 choices, drop the trailer on the bay or let you in your unit with them keepin’ keys.

Forcing you to sit in an unheated ‘waiting room’ for 5hrs is wrong… Don’t they also have to feed you after 4hrs?

Think that rule only applies if your in a police custody suite

Glad i only do Asda RDC’s,as long as theyve got the keys you can sit in your cab nice and warm with the tv on :smiley:

bubsy06:

waynedl:

It sounds like you’d be more comfortable in custody anyway.

waynedl:

bubsy06:

waynedl:

It sounds like you’d be more comfortable in custody anyway.

At least you get treated better than you do as a trucker in an RDC :unamused:

A lot of people don’t give a monkey’s in RDC’s and you can’t really blame them for the money they’re on. Was at Tesco, Lichfield on Friday eve and there were 20-30 wagons behind me at the gate waiting to get in as the goods in staff were too lazy to answer the intercom for about twenty minutes. Thought there must have been an accident or fire drill or some such but when I got to the goods in desk, there were two girls having a natter, one bloke tapping away on a keyboard and the guy that dealt with my paperwork, no one else waiting at the desk to be seen either.

Those famouse words, “I couldn’t believe it”. :unamused: