RDC - there are good one.s

Tipped on thursday at Tesco Chilled at middleton.
booked for 16.00 arrived 15.20 on bay 15.30 green light
for 16.20 ( p.s took five minutes for me to walk from
getting keys back to office for paperwork - 2 or 3
guys waiting for paperwork girl in office said to
me your paperwork ready - driving away at 16.30 ).
ps. have now driven class1 for 3 months-
hard work - yes,
know it all - NO.
enjoy it - yes.

Agreed David,there are some RDC’s out there that have got their act together.

Last Tuesday I arrived at CWS Wellington at 1620 for a 1700 tip. Straight on the bay, 8 pallets tipped,p/work signed and on my way out by 1655 :exclamation:

But as with anything good there has to be bad,as I left Wellington to go to Somerfield at Bridgwater,arrived 1725 for a 1900 tip, left there at 2030 :cry: :cry: :angry:

Guess you have to take the rough with the smooth…

Dan.

I use to run into Asda at Kempston near Bedford, nice lot, one of their TM’s is a young girl, good at her job & never kept us waiting.
I do think it depends on what you are delivering however, also if its for a large company with more clout then you can be in & out PDQ.
I once did Somerfields at Huntingdon, Tesco at Harlow & Snodland & then Asda at at Dartford, pulling out of Dartford at my booking in time at Snodland, it was for a large company & also on a Friday night which I’m told also makes a big difference, as they get to go home once the nights work is done.

Somerfield Bridgewater… eewwwwwww… nasty place. I’ve been waiting there a few hours before.
Worst one I’ve been to has to be Spar’s place just outside Plymouth. Sat there for MANY hours both times I was there. Next time I’ll just sit there and drink the booze from the back :laughing: Tied for worst is Co-op Plympton… :unamused:

allikat:
Somerfield Bridgewater… eewwwwwww… nasty place. I’ve been waiting there a few hours before.
Worst one I’ve been to has to be Spar’s place just outside Plymouth. Sat there for MANY hours both times I was there. Next time I’ll just sit there and drink the booze from the back :laughing: Tied for worst is Co-op Plympton… :unamused:

That’ll be Appleby Wesward at Saltash,Just over the Tamar bridge.

Funny that, I nighted out in Newton Abbott after leaving Bridgwater, and Weds drops were N/Abbott, Plymouth and A/W’s at Saltash for which I sat there for three hours :cry:

Co-op Plympton can be a [zb] too.

Dan.

You’re missing a point here.

If you do ambient haulage to RDC’s it’s an all day job.

If you do temp controlled to the same RDC’s it takes you a quarter of the time.

Temp controlled deliveries always get priority.

I used to do salad stuff to Tesco Miggy from Nature’s Way and the surrounding areas and I was never there more than an hour.

Cheers.

has anyone delivered to kwiksave at skem?

ring bell then pull curtains and take your 11 daily break.
:open_mouth:

someone wrote on the door “mammy weres daddy? i havent seen him for months!”

“i think he`s still at kwiksave skem love” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Dan, those are the hell-holes in question…

Rob K:
You’re missing a point here.

If you do ambient haulage to RDC’s it’s an all day job.

If you do temp controlled to the same RDC’s it takes you a quarter of the time.

Temp controlled deliveries always get priority.

I used to do salad stuff to Tesco Miggy from Nature’s Way and the surrounding areas and I was never there more than an hour.

Cheers.

I think that goes without saying, Rob, but then if you worked in a chill/frozen warehouse,you DEFINATELY won’t be on a go slow :smiley:

But whether RDC’s are good or bad tips,they will NEVER be able to shift the name they have made for themselves.

And we all know what RDC stands for,don’t we…

Really

Don’t

Care

:smiley:

Dan.

When i worked for Eddie Stobart i loved tipping at CO-OPPlympton as i could do all my cleaning and wax the motor and still have time for a good hours kip.

i did sainsburys charlton the other day normally a good 2-3hrs.

from the time i gave in paperwork to time of getting it back FIFTEEN MINUTES

nearly died of shock

Tesco Chepstow today straight on bay 5mins after taking keys in to office red light on & tipped & away within the hour, this was the chilled side. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Have to put a good word in for Wincanton Trafford Park…

The one and only time I’ve not been straight in and out was when a pallet had collapsed and they refused to unload. Wasn’t long before a couple of lads were in the back helping me re-stack, “get back in the cab drive, we’ll see to this” …

Sure it’s not everyones experience but that’s how it’s been for me with my handfull of pallets, even the shunters could share a laugh.

A friend who has just gone back to Agency work (class 1) has just spent 3 days at an RDC down near london waiting to be tipped. Seems he turned up on Tuesday at 1pm, he was told to park up, took his paperwork in and they said they’d come and get him when they were ready. He called his office every 3 hours to remind them he was there and waiting, they rang the RDC who said there wasn’t a space for him to unload.

Thursday PM his office told him to find an empty bay, back the trailer onto it, drop the trailer and come home. The gate tried to refuse him access to leave, wanted to know where his trailer was. He said he was an agency driver and didn’t know what the security guard was on about and managed to leave. He’s apparently been asked not to go back to that RDC again and the company want him back again for other work as he was “nice and polite” and kept in contact with them! :laughing: