Good Tips

OK so we always hear about the bad tips, RDC’s etc. So what about the good ones?

I’ll start us off, QVC at Knowsley. I was booked in at 8:45 told to arrive 15 Min’s early so i was there at 8:25 booked in told to go on a bay and bring keys to office. I got to the office and offered him my keys to be told “don’t need them drive your tipped here’s your paper work” in and out in less then 10 Min’s for 6 pallets.

Anywhere that doesn’t say Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, or Sainsbury’s on the gate!

damoq:

You missed Aldi and Lidl.

Do you mean good tips or quick tips as I’d rather be 40 mins somewhere everyone’s pleasant over 15 mins everyone’s a misery guts.

Sainsburys Pindar Road Hoddesdon (the old tatty one, not the one round the corner at Rye Park)
you can get there anytime and no problem, 2 big fellas on the gate are nice blokes, we go in there around 3 times a week, i went in a day early once, they made a quick phone call, no prob drive in you come.
Our bookings are allways at 10:00am, i average a 09:15 arrival and it never is a problem ive been in there at 08:45 and gone straight on a bay.
Seen a foreign motor at the gatehouse when i pulled up, he was 2 days late, they tipped him no probs.
Everyone there says good morning to you, ive even been given cakes when it was someones birthday.
You sit in the waiting room and watch telly, if you want to change channels, no problem, theres even a dartboard there.
When you’re tipped they bring you your paperwork and keys.
Allways a quick tip, average in/out time is around 30 mins with 26 pallets.
Best RDC ive ever been to.

Compare that to Rye Park around the corner, 2 hr wait to tip 8 pallets not unusual.

It’s no wonder they’re nice if there’s a dart board :smiley:

:laughing:

Sainsbury RP is certainly one of the worst, 2+hrs for 20plts & no access to the bunk or peace & quiet for that matter…

Asda Lutterworth IDC is good for me, keys in the office, jump on the bunk-job’s a good un’ :smiley:

Asda CDC Washington is always a quick tip for me…arrived today at 0850,straight on bay 10,24 pallet’s off and checked (18 different products,total 1074 cases) and out the gate by 1007…can’t moan about that :laughing: :laughing:

I honestly think that the reason RDCs brought in the waiting room policy is not because of anything to do with safety, but because they got cheesed off at the thought of drivers having a snooze while they all had to work. Although I use the word “work” in the loosest possible sense.

Culina use bay wheel locks and I’m sure that Tesco could afford to use them too. Coca-Cola use an even simpler system, the fork-lift driver moves a big steel “Stop” sign in front of your cab before he starts work. RDC Health and Safety freaks just seem to get a kick out of making life as difficult as possible for visiting contractors.

No still can’t think of a good RDC,
But I used to deliver to various factories especially in the West Midlands, most were really friendly places, regularly get offered a cuppa. Went to one about 10 minutes before the goods in closed for the day, the guy tipped me no problem and he then said if I was running late again phone ahead and they would wait for me to get there. :smiley:

dar1976:

damoq:

You missed Aldi and Lidl.

And Waitrose

I got tipped quite quickly at Moron Produce this week. :wink: