Best RDC

To add balance to the worst rdc thread , tell us where the good tip’s are.

Places where you are treated like a mormal person.

places with good facilities etc etc.

I’ll kick off with Walkers Leicester :laughing: …don’t laugh
Although you have to drop your trailer 6ft off the bay so the shunter can position it , after that ,you park your unit in a dedicated area and either sleep or whatever or you can use the (good) subsidsed canteen with widescreen tv in it.
Never seemed to be any major drama’s in there and if I got held up…well ho hum I was paid by the hour so screw it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

how about Lyrco at Telford
your treated very politely, offered the use of the facilities, toilets, showers and discounted canteen (belly buster breaky for £2.40)

I like frozen and chilled at Somerfields Bridwater.

Used to deliver there a lot, all the staff their freindly, had a decent canteen (not sure if supposed to use it or not but did anyways) and always tipped you really fast.

Sainsbury’s Waltham Point.

Quicker tip these days in my experience. Helpful staff. Excellent canteen you can use just above ambient Goods In office, where you can get an excellent breakfast for under £2.50.

I,m thinking Morrissons Burton Latimer .
They can get you tipped in no time , the checking can take a while though if they are busy .
But still an hour gate to gate if they are busy , if not then with our stock ( all the same cans or bottles of beer ) You can be gate to gate 20 minutes .

nisa todays, scunthorpe, in and out quickly every time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i can only talk about nights but nisa harlow are very good polite and quick . no canteen but drinks machines and large telly
also bookers in hatfield but only on nights can be gate to gate with 8 pallets in 15 mins ( we have an arangement with them IF we can get there before 5am ) but dont get me started on the usless self abusing mother ■■■■■■■ son of female canines day shift

i can only talk about nights but nisa harlow are very good polite and quick

I’ll be in there at about 05.30 tomorrow morning.

Running down from Leeds.

Just off to bed.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Ken.

:slight_smile: Done morrisons bellshill quite a few times early doors in and out in no time just a bit naff sitting in that poor waiting room(frozen-side)lol…

weewulliewinkie:
nisa todays, scunthorpe, in and out quickly every time :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Was in there last week. Just handed keys in, got a coffee, then bloke says I’m tipped. 16 pallets off in just under 10 minutes! Decent waiting area for drivers as well.

Was in Asda at Normanton just a few hours earlier and they tipped really quickly. However, was in there over 3 hours waiting for tyre fitter as I discovered I’d got a flat whilst unloading!

I used to rate Somerfields at ross-on-wye. In and out quickly with no drama.
Have they closed?

Best RDC ■■

Is that not a contradiction in terms ?

Kenny1975:
I like frozen and chilled at Somerfields Bridwater.

Used to deliver there a lot, all the staff their freindly, had a decent canteen (not sure if supposed to use it or not but did anyways) and always tipped you really fast.

Yep,them and the Co-op at Wellington,not fussed about booked times and all that zb…'‘put ‘er on the next empty door,Drive…get to you soon as…’’

Restores your faith in human nature…

What was DFDS Killingholme have the same attitude too,in my experience…

Morrisons Bradford best tip, Latimer on the chill split and quick out. wait for paperwork nearly “but short of a few hours” quick as Morrisons Droitwich, lazy git’s.

Quote:
i can only talk about nights but nisa harlow are very good polite and quick

I’ll be in there at about 05.30 tomorrow morning.

Running down from Leeds.

In at 05.50,tipped notes back and out at 06.15.

Ken.

Don’t mind doing Tesco Peterborough, they take split loads off through the one bay so i don’t have to move, and have never been longer than an hour to get in and out. Plus they don’t take 20mins to answer the buzzer at the barrier, and then ask stupid questions like, “what are you carrying…on every pallet, in every box? what colour are they? what do they taste like?”

Morrisons Yate are quite good too, straight on a bay, wait for a green, give em 15-20mins for paperwork and you’re out, every time…so far.

LOOPY LOU:
:slight_smile: Done morrisons bellshill quite a few times early doors in and out in no time just a bit naff sitting in that poor waiting room(frozen-side)lol…

A RDC I actually enjoy going to. Completely agree with the above. Full load on chill/frozen side has never taken more than a hour gate to gate.

Morrison’s Stockton is pretty decent as well. Not as quick but the staff treat you as a human being.

I would include Latimer Park if they sorted the paperwork side out. (Seems to be a Morrison’s thing).

Asda Chepstow and Wakefield are pretty good all round.

TJ Morris/Home Bargains in Liverpool was very good. Simple booking system, quick unload, quick paperwork.

Hmmm now I’m struggling.

Stan

Don’t do much, if any, RDC work now, but isn’t it noticeable when you go somewhere to load/tip when you are treated nicely & politely by helpful staff?

When this happens, i alway make a point of telling someone in the office that i’ve noticed it.

co=op leicester.
they even open and shut your back doors for you :open_mouth: never heard of it else where .
also take your keys and paper work from your cab door and bring it back to you

co-op , radar road , leicester , gets my vote

To give you an idea of why I don’t miss rdc work ,I can say that it’s about 3 years since I arrived at a delivery point and I got any kind of hassle from anyone.
Most places we go to are happy to see there delivery arrive. If it’s late for any reason I always say sorry but the reply is always “no problem drive”.
A lot of places we go can be a bit tight and offers of "do you want any trucks/cars moving ? are not seen as an inconvenience.

This morning I was at a large factory I had not been to before , and as I’m getting out of the cab to find out where the delivery point was , a forkie comes over to me and cheerily explains the how and where bit.
The approach to where I had to be was obstructed so the guy I 'm dealing with arranges a fork lift and a loading shovel and next thing I know the tanker is hooked up and discharghing :sunglasses:
During the delivery ,one of the yard lads strolls by and after saying good morning ,and with no prompting from me , proceeds to tell me exactly where the canteen is and that I’m more than welcome to use it.

I’m happy,goods recieved have there stock and no one has felt the need to call anyone anything nasty.
That was NOT an unusal day it was the norm, so why the hell is it so different in the distribution sector?