Self Tip,Aldi etc

Now Lidl are pledging to pay a living wage, will that include drivers forced to self-tip in their RDC’s?

That’s a rhetorical question btw.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-34281559

Vascoingles:
Another perfect example of not checking the facts before stating them :unamused:

Since when has being in possession of the facts been a requirement for posting on the internet? :laughing:

^^ Ive just realised this thread is four years old. Oops :laughing:

The-Snowman:

After you trawled through 5 pages :laughing:

I think also it’s a bit of a ■■■■■■ liberty just expecting visiting drivers to what amounts to doing their jobs for them.
Unlike Snowman I can’t be arsed to go through 5 pages of a four year old thread :smiley: , but I guess that some have justified it by getting away quicker, getting excercise, a better alternative to sitting in a ■■■■ hole waiting room, and all the rest of it.
There will have been those that dont care or don’ t mind as stuff does not phase them, and not forgetting the usual suspects/conformists that would part their arse cheeks in Debenham’s window if their bosses or indeed anybody with the slightest authority said they had to. :unamused: deffo a few of them on here. :laughing:
Reckon that will have covered the thread, …but yeh, they have got a ■■■■■■ cheek when you think about it, not even a free coffee.

robroy:

The-Snowman:

After you trawled through 5 pages :laughing:

I think also it’s a bit of a [zb] liberty just expecting visiting drivers to what amounts to doing their jobs for them.
Unlike Snowman I can’t be arsed to go through 5 pages of a four year old thread :smiley: , but I guess that some have justified it by getting away quicker, getting excercise, a better alternative to sitting in a [zb] hole waiting room, and all the rest of it.
There will have been those that dont care or don’ t mind as stuff does not phase them, and not forgetting the usual suspects/conformists that would part their arse cheeks in Debenham’s window if their bosses or indeed anybody with the slightest authority said they had to. :unamused: deffo a few of them on here. :laughing:
Reckon that will have covered the thread, …but yeh, they have got a [zb] cheek when you think about it, not even a free coffee.

When I told my mate that you are effectively working for free his response was well they are saving warehouse wages so it keeps the shop prices down so I’m saving money when I shop there :open_mouth:
He never shocks me with the things he says a gaffers dream he is.

The driver is not the one who is working for free. It is the haulage company that is paying for it as they pay the driver for the time and Aldi get the benefit. I asked my office about going into Aldi as it says in the company literature that we are not to use other firms equipment Elf and Safety etc. but he just said get on with it. Basically Aldi just tell the firms to take it or leave it and the firms want the business so waive the rules. :smiley:

alder:
The driver is not the one who is working for free. It is the haulage company that is paying for it as they pay the driver for the time and Aldi get the benefit. I asked my office about going into Aldi as it says in the company literature that we are not to use other firms equipment Elf and Safety etc. but he just said get on with it. Basically Aldi just tell the firms to take it or leave it and the firms want the business so waive the rules. :smiley:

Boils down to the same old same old crack…''If drivers all stuck together…,etc etc .and just said NO!..yeh right :unamused: the day after hell develops icicles. :smiley:

robroy:

alder:

Boils down to the same old same old crack…''If drivers all stuck together…,etc etc .and just said NO!..yeh right :unamused: the day after hell develops icicles. :smiley:

How can you say no to a good gaffer lol :wink: :wink:

Truck drivers have to unload their own wagons ■■?

Went into Nisa Stoke on Friday gone, backs onto bay, hands keys in and fella in goods in says “I’ll take you into the warehouse to break down”, “Pardon” says I, he then repeats it so I replied “nah, not my job mate, unless you wanna send one of your warehouse guys to help me drive to my next delivery then I suggest you just reject my load”. “We’re desperate for the stuff” he said, “the ball is in your court mate, either tip it yourselves or reject it, I care not whichever” I told him. Upshot was that I had 21 pallets for them and they tipped 20 of them and rejected one of them to prove their point! I think that they got me mixed up with someone who gives a ■■■■ what they want!

double post. :blush:

triple post. Wtf happened there? Must be 'cos I’m cheering the boyos on against Uruguay.

Did you go 3 times?

happysack:
Did you go 3 times?

Jeez Happysack, you’re on the ball my good man. Was hoping to slip that past unnoticed! :smiley:

Pardon? :grimacing:

Years ago when on for corby chilled (SPIT…!) we used to go to morrisons/ sainsbury (cant remember) at W.G.C. and the routine was to help break the load down into stacks of same items on pallets a pain in the ■■■ but hey ho until one driver got his ankle trapped and injured inbetween two pallets by a forkie ramming the pallets together 3 or 4 down the line . he asked for the accident book and a copy etc etc then the blame game started batting back and forth whose going to pay the compensation claim it turns out that morrisons/sainsbury were not acutually covered for drivers (third party) " working " in the warehouse so suddenly we were all on drop and go where ever we went for that coustomer. i personally dont mind tipping myself as long as thats it ill get it off the trailer nothing else

What you need to do when tipping is buy some extra thick glasses from joke shop and and crash first pallet into some wine or water and then see them help lol

david2867:
What you need to do when tipping is buy some extra thick glasses from joke shop and and crash first pallet into some wine or water and then see them help lol

Or just burn the motor out on the pallet trucks. They will soon contact your boss and ask that he doesn’t send you there again :smiley:

I’v done the odd container to Lidls in Livingston on a saturday morning, when the place is quiet. This self-tipping lark might be a bit more bearable if the wallopers on the goods-in desk rewarded you with a wee ‘thank you’ once in a while, for unloading their goods from their suppliers container! :imp:

That is one miserable ■■■■■ on the receiving desk at Livingston, or is that Lidl?