Tesco closing Fenny Lock

Its been confirmed, Tesco’s are finally closing Fenny Lock with over 750 redundancies.

mk-news.co.uk/News/1000-jobs … -shuts.htm

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12612559

Now the big question as to what to do with the site… it’d make a hell of a Truckstop thats for sure!

Definatley wont be missed by me,must have one of the worst drivers waitng rooms out of nearly all of the tesco rdc’s.

Now wake up from your dream there’s noway anybody would turn that site in to a truck stop.When they can get more money from the commercial sector or just leave it empty rather than put it to good use as a truck stop.At least all the staff their have been offerd work up in Daventry,not like some people who have been dumped on the dole so can’t understand why they are moaning about it closeing.All they got to do is ask for more money to cover travel cost to Daventry.

BuzzardBoy:

A driver, who did not want to be named, said: “I think giving the drivers redundancy notice was a prelude to closing the site. Once they’ve got rid of the drivers, it won’t take long to move out the rest. I think a lot of us were expecting it.”

Serves you right for working for the pratts anyway :exclamation: I used to work there with the bunch of disorganized, clueless wallies, which i why they have so much i common with stobarts :exclamation:
Makes me wonder just how much profit tesco could make if they ever used an organised and efficient logistics company :bulb:

containers_only:

BuzzardBoy:

A driver, who did not want to be named, said: “I think giving the drivers redundancy notice was a prelude to closing the site. Once they’ve got rid of the drivers, it won’t take long to move out the rest. I think a lot of us were expecting it.”

Serves you right for working for the pratts anyway :exclamation: I used to work there with the bunch of disorganized, clueless wallies, which i why they have so much i common with stobarts :exclamation:
Makes me wonder just how much profit tesco could make if they ever used an organised and efficient logistics company :bulb:

Fenny Lock has been under threat of closure for years!! Tesco are building 2 or 3 massive warehouses next to Dav1 and building a railhead on the Eddie Stobart yard in the next year or two!! This is the future for Tesco and Stobarts!!

containers_only:

BuzzardBoy:

Serves you right for working for the pratts anyway :exclamation: :bulb:

you may find when he said " us " he meant us on trucknet not " us " at tesco. :wink: :wink: :wink:

BuzzardBoy:
Its been confirmed, Tesco’s are finally closing Fenny Lock with over 750 redundancies.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12612559

Now the big question as to what to do with the site… it’d make a hell of a Truckstop thats for sure!

They did few Weeks ago.
The Tesco Driver splitted
a few at Eddi
few at Petersborough
few at Ditcote
Few at welham green
but that already since December

tanasan:
Now wake up from your dream there’s noway anybody would turn that site in to a truck stop…

Calm yourself , i didnt think for a minute that it would be turned into a Truckstop, it was said a little tongue in cheek… :wink:

I’d heard that this had died in the water, after the opening of a new one further south but apparently not…
getreading.co.uk/jobs/news/s … _for_tesco