Are truckstops closing?

Closure of all cafes etc …

Not yet.
But in time I can see them closing

Not related to truck.stop

Parked at slough last night. And really struggled to get some.food chippy was closed takeaway closed shelves in Tesco express patels mini mart all empty
.ended up using just eat get a curry delivered which was fun lol.
But yeah can see a point when your on nights out everyware be shut and basically have make do with a pot noodle or tin of soup

I would think after today’s announcement they will be closing or just doing take aways at best.

You can still takeaway

Drivers are an essential priority in this crisis and that from Boris, they have to provide places to stop and eat

I am parked up at welford for the night and asked in there they are not sure what they are doing next week but in the worst case they could be doing takeaways

atlas man:
Drivers are an essential priority in this crisis and that from Boris

There was an error in the script he was given - it was meant to say “Waitrose drivers…” as the overpaid civil servants running this ■■■■ show couldn’t possibly do without their posh nosh. Anyone else can go starve obviously. :wink:

As for truckstops, depends if they can be classified as cafes. Since many provide services akin to an MSA, I’d imagine they’ll survive the cull.

Worst case scenario is you get the food in an unrecyclable tray with plastic fork like chips and have to eat it in your cab. That’ll really annoy the greenies and esp Gretta, so something good comes out of this. :smiley:

I’d imagine the parking aspect of the truckstop will continue, however the catering and bar side of the business will close in line with the new government guidelines, the only way I can see drivers getting hot meals from truckstops is the truckstop setting up a takeaway facility. But as many truckstops rely on the income from the static side of the business I wouldn’t be surprised if several truckstops close their doors and go out of business.
I’d urge those of you who night out to gather together the necessary kit and supplies this weekend to enable you to self cater for the foreseeable future, or switch to day work. If you do want a hot meal for a truckstop I’d suggest phoning ahead and speak to them about food and if necessary pre-book the meal, this will at least allow them to not waste food and minimise the financial cost or loss. Hopefully this way you can support them and they will be there your everyone in the future

Jacks Hill truck stop at Towcester have posted on their fb page the cafe is now closed,but truck parking and toilets still available,and they hope to have a food ‘hatch’ available for Monday morning.

facebook.com/groups/1535690126645603/

julie who runs thsi fb page for parking has contacted all truckstops.they are closing the cafes at site but are doing takeaways.all showers and toilets are open. u maybe limited on how many can enter at a time but u can still get showers and park ok.also i believe u can still get takeaways from most outlets so food should not be a problem supermarkets yep are empty at evening but i try and nip in one early mornign if possible

I’ve said this on a couple of other posts but here in France ALL of our restaurants and fast food outlets
have been shut since last Saturday.

But yesterday the French transport minister stated that he is going to allow Routier Restaurants to reopen
to cater for, as he puts it, the men and women that are keeping this country afloat, by supplying RDC’s and hospitals
and ensuring that the French people get what they need, to survive this crisis.

This will be on a takeaway service only though, but at least it’s something,
just wondering if the meal will include the usual carafe of vin rouge ? :laughing: :laughing:

Stobbies at Rugby is open, or was earlier today. Cafe is takeaway only but normal full menu is on. Shop is well stocked.

Naturally I bought all the pickled onions and Turkish delight. I don’t eat either of them but I just had to stock up.

TheUncaringCowboy:
Stobbies at Rugby is open, or was earlier today. Cafe is takeaway only but normal full menu is on. Shop is well stocked.

Naturally I bought all the pickled onions and Turkish delight. I don’t eat either of them but I just had to stock up.

Must admit when I’m there and since the bar has been closed, I normally do a take out anyway.
Who wants to sit there and listen to the BS between Stobbie drivers whilst you’re trying to eat and chill out.

If you can understand their language that is. :grimacing: :grimacing: