Temporary insurance cover

Hi,

Can anyone recommend an insurer/broker for short-term cover on a 7.5t/17t rigid? I foolishly agreed to help someone move house on my week off :blush: and need to hire a small vehicle for a couple of days.

TIA,

Alex

send shrek a pm, he has done something similar recently

If you are hiring a 7.5t truck from most hire companies the insurance is included in the hire cost.

toowise:
If you are hiring a 7.5t truck from most hire companies the insurance is included in the hire cost.

Indeed it is, but I think we’ll most likely need 17t, and all (two) of the local companies expect you to provide fully comp. insurance for anything larger than 7.5t. There’s a LOT of stuff, some of which is stupid heavy!

i did see an advert for insurance by the day

i saw it in the bogs on a motorway services i think,

company was something like

www.dayinsure.com or something in that vain

sorry i cant really remember try a google search it may work

toowise:
i did see an advert for insurance by the day

i saw it in the bogs on a motorway services i think,

company was something like

www.dayinsure.com or something in that vain

sorry i cant really remember try a google search it may work

Thanks, but I’ve already tried them. There are plenty of places that will do short-term insurance up to 3.5t, but above that it gets hard. I’m sure I saw an advert in T&D/Trucking/CM/something about 6 months ago, but of course I just ignored it at the time :unamused:

I’ll give our broker a call in the morning. Don’t suppose they’ll be too interested in arranging cover, but they might be able to offer some help.

Failing that I might try and borrow a truck instead.