Insuring a truck as a private vehicle

I have the chance to buy a 7.5 tonne tipper at a good price and as it may come in handy for doing some clearing work for myself plus a few other little jobs i can think of i was considering buying it…question is who do i insure it with? if i google truck insurance all i get is quotes for company’s or business insurance with questions like what deliveries do you do? how many a day? and nature of business etc.Is there a way to insure a small truck like a private car?..can anyone shed some light?

Al

Hello Al, depending on what occupation you declare I could probably place this for you. I am out of the office tomorrow, but if it’s urgent call me on 0771 332 4583 in the morning or 01244 353161 on Wednesday about 9.30.

The Broker

Cheers mate,no urgency so will be in touch sometime during the week probably Friday as i’m off then.

Al

try NFU tell them its for private use…I did this when i was using my 7.5 tonne for taking my own tractors to shows…

Cheers for that mate…my son has his car insured with them so will give em a ring :wink:

Al

Try the new forum on here… ASK THE BROKER :bulb:

ROG:
Try the new forum on here… ASK THE BROKER :bulb:

Because the broker has already replied to this thread Rog…2nd post :grimacing:

Why not give Chris Eubank a call ? :wink: :laughing: “People talk about me, in hushed tones in quiet corners” :sunglasses:

tell nfu you already have a family member insured with them already as they might give a discount…i used to have all my vehicles with them all in one policy.But they dont really like performance cars so changed my car policy to someone else…They will do lorrys if you are a sole trader as well as private use.

Hi, give this chap a call , Stevanage insurance services, on 01438 313251 ask for Colin Casserley, my hobby is amature motorsport, and Colin covers many of the transporters, based on private use only.

sisltd.moonfruit.com/