Taking breaks at pumps

chaversdad:
I dont do it purposely but i usually get a 15 on the pump wether i need it or not, time i have walked in and handed in my card, come out filled both diesel tanks then 100 litres of adblue, then qued up and paid i.m usually just on 15 minutes

I sometimes do this as at certain service stations (e.g. Warwick), if you park in one row of spaces in particular, some fool is likely to block you in by parking too close to your back. I had one Slovenian guy park right behind me two Mondays running, and a couple of weeks ago someone else parked in one of the old spaces which were presumably taken out of commission for that reason. Also, the pumps are right by the service building so you are in a well-lit and well-observed area, unlike in the truck park. No excuse for taking longer than 15, though.

tango boy:
Just do what i do, trailer brake on, their faces are priceless :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yep :wink:

Boils my ■■■■.

Bloke at Hilton Park last week who knew full well there was a big queue of wagons. I got on the pump next to him 10 minutes after & was still in and out before he was. He was stood in the shop with a coffee reading the papers. Typical inconsiderate behaviour so common these days.

only had it really bad once …was on a tight schedule and was 4 hrs drive in to a 13hr drive ( Canada) about midnight and this was the fuel stop I needed ,enough to get me where I wanted without having to fuel again that night and all the paper trail that leaves cough ,cough. anyway 2 sets of pumps the outside one had a lcv (double) fueling with his buddy behind him and the inside one had an artic on the pump,so the inside pump it was,well I did my logbook and waited 5mins got out no sign o life no hose in his tank so I climbed up on the step and looked in nope oneone home ,I walked over to the truckstop and asked the ■■■■■■■ the till what was up ooohhh that truck filled up 20mins earlier…gggrrrrrr I went to the toilets in case he was in there …nope…back to the desk by now I was there near 15mins so she put it over the tannoy for the driver to move his truck! still no sign o the ■■■■■■■■■ By now another driver was behind me waiting to fuel the outside pump was chockablock with the night men so no chance of moving over…i went out and told the other driver what was going on and he followed me back inside and started to give the poor girl a hairdryer moment she put another message out over the tannoy ,still no luck. by now I was raging and went over to the restaurant part and low and behold were two turbanators eating a meal so I shouted is the driver of so and so truck in here as there is a problem, one o the kin turbans went went yes its my truck.
GAME ON!! I told him move it or I will let the brake off and push it out of the way ,the cheeky kf told me to wait till he had his meal.WTF …the driver behind me came in on hearing me shouting and was going to do worse to him…lucky for me (I was seeing red by now) the ■■■■■■■ the desk went up to him and said move now or else tow/ban etc. Mr Sikh decides its better to move off the pump now ,he moved his truck about 100yrds and sat in the middle o the park and glared at me while I fueled up …was in that shole for near 45mins. as a side note I was back in a couple o weeks later and had a laugh with the desk girl who remembered me (not many bad tempered Scots in Saskatchewan). and she told me Mr turbanator had went up and said something to the driver behind me and had not ended well for him! :stuck_out_tongue:
jimmy

Oooooo ! … You have touched on one of my pet hates, I despise drivers that do this, I usually call the company they work for and complain, last time it happened to me in the UK was the services on the M40 near Oxford, two Team McLaren trucks blocking two fuel islands as me and another driver in our show company waited, eventually I went in to find the drivers and pit crew sitting down enjoying coffee and doughnuts, I lost my cool and told them if the didn’t move I would phone Ron Dennis, they laughed believing I was joking, sadly for them I actually knew Ron and most F1 bosses through my work, I called Ron right there and then and handed the phone to them, red faces and apologies all round, the drivers moved their trucks instantly :laughing:

Over here it’s a common thing because most of the drivers are scared to try and reverse into a parking space, most are useless, they will park at the pump and even take a shower.

Are people so pig ignorant now that nobody moves off the pumps during a busy spell (where you can without causing an obstruction)?
I’m fortunate in that tippers can fit under most canopies so if the truck pumps are busy I’ll use a normal one* (only got a 300odd litre tank) and leave the truck one for the big 'uns. I’ve had people whinge about it though, “that’s not lorry diesel” being one of the best.
*not at motorway services.

The Fleece is really bad for allowing the tangs to get away with this type of behaviour. Bawbags!

Pat Hasler:
Over here it’s a common thing because most of the drivers are scared to try and reverse into a parking space, most are useless, they will park at the pump and even take a shower.

over here too pat :unamused: the one that grips my ■■■■ even more is long load bay :laughing: because the can’t fit/ attempt to reverse in the lorry park! :smiling_imp: but when they’re on four hours into a nine off and Mr police man moves them on they don’t like it! :grimacing: especially toddy southbound m1 :laughing:

Trailer plates and seals :wink:

few years ago some woman parked on the pumps and went inside shopping,i found out where she was,asked her politely not to park on the pumps and to park in the appropriate place,i was polite,never raised my voice,when I got back to the depot her husband had phoned up saying I had really upset her and she was crying,he then spoke to me saying he had a good mind to come down to my depot and sort me out,i replied telling him where we were and I am clocking off in 15 min and would gladly see him outside the gates,result,nothing,his bottle must have gone,i was in my early thirties at the time and told him I love a good ruck if he wants some,seems you cannot win even when you are polite to people[his wife]

I pulled one up about it and got a load of verbal does my sweed in

tango boy:
Just do what i do, trailer brake on, their faces are priceless :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s just cruel lol

Not as funny or confusing as the shunt valve whoah hah ha ha ha!!! :smiling_imp:

Disclaimer:-

Only joking children, pay no attention to the silly men. This is highly dangerous and illegal. Being lorry drivers we like to talk about things as if we do/did them, but of course we do/did no such thing. We pretend we do to other drivers and using the interweb-world wide to impress our peers. It’s what silly lorry drivers call “tall stories” or simply “■■■■■■■■”

tango boy:

:laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

chaversdad:
I dont do it purposely but i usually get a 15 on the pump wether i need it or not, time i have walked in and handed in my card, come out filled both diesel tanks then 100 litres of adblue, then qued up and paid i.m usually just on 15 minutes

I wouldn’t dare. DVSA jobsworths could easily be watching, like they did with the Aldi drivers tipping on “break”.

billybigrig:
Trailer plates and seals :wink:

lolol :grimacing: I’ve a few of them :sunglasses:

been suspended for 2 weeks for losing my cool with a driver parked on the pumps having an admitted break, i confessed that i lost my temper and at this moment waiting to see if i’m being dismissed for g/misconduct after 16 years unblemished service. Wasn’t physical in any way, just verbal. Not worth the hassle or worry of dismissal, ignorant,arrogant or just brain dead!!! :angry:

cartran:
been suspended for 2 weeks for losing my cool with a driver parked on the pumps having an admitted break, i confessed that i lost my temper and at this moment waiting to see if i’m being dismissed for g/misconduct after 16 years unblemished service. Wasn’t physical in any way, just verbal. Not worth the hassle or worry of dismissal, ignorant,arrogant or just brain dead!!! :angry:[/quote

Being suspended and having the worry of dismissal hanging over your head for a bit of verbal is a bit harsh,imho.

But hardly surprising in this molly coddled/where every ■■■■ is offended world we live in…

Good luck :wink:

Car drivers using the lorry pumps as a parking space are as bad. I try my best to block them in, then hope they come over and complain. The nozzle doesn’t open as far when they do and I tend to struggle to find my fuel card, and get an urge to use the garage toilet before I queue up to pay. Then after the slow walk back I have a quick walkaround check then after getting in the cab, put my card away and put the receipt with my tickets. All this is done whilst making sure the car is still there. It was last week because a P and H wagon was unloading infront of them. :laughing:

tango boy:

and you’ve actually done that have you? :smiley:

as Nurglets says … “of course not, no one on here actually has the nerve to actually say anything to anyone they see doing something wrong out on the road, whether it’s blocking pumps, peeing up against their wagon in public or chucking rubbish into laybys, thats why they come one here and moan to other people and not actually have to deal with confrontation.”