pump break

going off on one here. i pulled on hilton park (south) today to get a tank of the good stuff. pulled in behind what i thought was a truck filling up. oh no this bloke was taking a break now i,m sitting there for around ten min,s behind him so went to his cab and said any chance mate need the pump reply was no im on a break. i said on a break your taking the wee wee there a bleeping lorry park behind go and use that like the normal people do so i walkied off and with a few choice words in his ear and thought what a inconsidarate twit

just wondering of any other people out that think like this

the blokes a ■■■■■

Have you ever wondered why we get a bad reputation?, maybe its guys like him that cause it I bet he drove off with his front fog lights on.

I would inform the garage or the fuel company that you decided to shop elsewhere due to this problem they might do something then when they know they are losing money.

P.S. if it happens again and he leaves the cab flick his mode for a few seconds :imp:

jammymutt:
I bet he drove off with his front fog lights on.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

In all seriousness though this is idiocy of the highest order, how can anyone think of taking a break in such an unsuitable place.

admittedly, i do park on the pumps sometimes but not for any length of time and not if it is the only one available. if i head up the M3, i stop on the pump at winchester to grab my coffee but thats about it. i certainly wouldnt take my break there. if possible, i try to pull past the pump so a wagon can get in behind

happens alot at the golden fleece on the m6 jun41 i think it is.

pain in the arse really incosiderate.

I’m with Scanny i do the same but i would never take a break on them, however i would have been tempted to to either lean on my horn for a while or fill up then park in front of him. The standard of lorry drivers get’s worse all the time

funnily enough i had one this morning waiting for a pump when i came out with my coffee. again, i only nipped in, got a coffee from the machine and paid for it. i jumped back in the cab and pulled forward before sorting myself out rather than leaving the guy waiting for a pump. i had intended cleaning my mirrors anyway but the bucket wasnt there and it is normally between the pumps anyway along with the water and air hoses

I did this last week :stuck_out_tongue:

I stopped at Clacket Lane to get some water for my heating system in the tank. It required about 40 litres so I parked on a pump that was out of order.

I went in the shop to get some water from the staff kitchen and was filling the reservoir on top of my tank.

I then had a very irate red faced driver shouting and swearing at me. I just ignored him and continued filling my tank :smiley:

When I came down the ladder and headed for another bucket of water he was close to bursting.

The stupid thicko had failed to notice the pump was not working and because of his tirade at me he had missed the working pumps several times.

I smiled at him as I drove off and watched him jump out of the cab to find the diesel pump was not working.

If you are on here then you need to chill a bit mate :stuck_out_tongue:

Also at Tibshelf!!! Why cant they fill up, pull off then park up before going for a bacon baguette and cuppa tea it really annoys me and everyone else queing up and blocking the road, i know its not the best set up for lorries :imp: Can not understand why so many drivers need to grab a 15min break on pumps just to get a few minutes ahead down the road.

i also wonder why when theyve filled up why they cant pull forward a bit so you can fill up when theyve gone to pay for there diesel, some do some dont, i always do

ady1:
i also wonder why when theyve filled up why they cant pull forward a bit so you can fill up when theyve gone to pay for there diesel, some do some dont, i always do

yeah i do that every time possible just [zb] me off when they dont and spend ten mins looking at crap they dont need or intend to buy

language edit…Denis F

i always pull forward off a pump if there is room to go and sign for the fuel to let the wagon behind fill up
having ''pump breaks ‘’ is wrong on so many levels . its illegal to do any work on a rest and putting fuel in IS working
most firms dont pay breaks so your cutting your wages down :cry: :cry:
its blooming inconsiderate to the human race and as a visitor to our planet they’re just being rude ( wars have started over less) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I pulled into the petrol station at Twyford the other evening. Three vacant parking bays, so I reversed into one of them.

The Derv pumps are in front of the parking bays and are a single ‘island’. You either go to the left or the right, dependant upon which side your tank is.

On one side of the ‘island’ was a ‘Rugby’ cement tanker. At first I didn’t take much notice, but when I was hunting around the shop for something palatable to eat, I noticed one person already eating and he was joined by another.

Back in my vehicle, with a bit of scoff, this artic is still on the pump. No-one in or around the vehicle.

Not being in any particular hurry, I decided to see how long before it moved. :wink:

40 minutes after I arrived, the vehicle moved off. In fact, two left in convoy but I hadn’t initially seen the second one.

Pure idleness. All for the sake of reversing two vehicle lengths into a vacant parking space.

Not only that, but the idiot is risking a phone call to Vosa who would be able to check his tacho chart against the petrol station CCTV and determine that he was engaged in ‘other work’ whilst his tacho was showing ‘break’.

:wink:

Cambridge service’s is one of the worst for it.
Christ, there’s more diesel spilt in the garage shop than gets put in the tank,the fume’s in the shop are terrible as there munching their bacon rolls whilst parked on the pump’s and the queue is back to the A14!
Totally gave up on the place now,i’d sooner fill up at Felixstowe where there is no shop just diesel pumps.

i managed to find one that was worse

harthill services

2 pumps with the exit road alongside. trucks using the pumps so the only way out for HGVs (and the citylink P + R bus) is past on the exit road. someone parked on the exit road blocking it off even though there was plenty of space in the truckpark :imp:

Strensham south is bad as well. Wouldn’t be so bad if they pulled straight through.

I was there Thursday night, all 3 lanes free when I got there, plus no-one parked on the otherside. 2 parked on the pumps whilst I was filling up, but never drew any diesel. Once I had filled up I drew through before I paid as there was a queue of 3 lorries waiting to fill up by then.

There just morons, to idle to walk an extra 30 yards.

There is not a chance i would wait to fill up behind someone on a fuel pump having a break. One of us would be in big trouble !! I can’t believe anyone would do that. If he looked a bit to tasty for me and i thought i might come unstuck i think i try the trailer brake on and pull the pin option if he was in the coffee shop!!!

Mike-C:
There is not a chance i would wait to fill up behind someone on a fuel pump having a break. One of us would be in big trouble !! I can’t believe anyone would do that. If he looked a bit to tasty for me and i thought i might come unstuck i think i try the trailer brake on and pull the pin option if he was in the coffee shop!!!

i can see this ending up in a turning someones fridge off kind of thread mike :laughing: :laughing:

ady1:
i can see this ending up in a turning someones fridge off kind of thread mike :laughing: :laughing:

LOL !! Lets not go there :open_mouth: For the record it was a joke, i do not advocate switching fridges off !! Anyone who wants to ■■■■ about on a diesel pump in front of me is fair game though and is not subject to queensbury rules or any consideration :smiley: