Faffing About At Diesel Pumps

Why do so many “professional” drivers fanny arse about when refuelling? I know most places have to see (but not actually check) your fuelcard, but why sit there in a queue, then when the pump’s clear then decide to go and queue up to hand card over? Experienced this yesterday at Oxford Services, driver puts nozzle in, wanders about, starts refuelling and once done, leaves lorry where it is. Pretty annoying but then he comes out after paying, walks back in, comes out again and then fills with adblue. Fannies about wandering around his lorry after filled, walks back in and does some shopping (day cabbed rigid by the way). I did find it funny when he sauntered back across the forecourt , tripped over a kerb and landed flat on his face. Very amuzing karma indeed for about 4 drivers he was holding up.

Aye. I always pull forward if someone is waiting to get on if there is room. I don’t mind a bloke getting a coffee or taking a ■■■■■ but if he’d fannying around…

probably trying to get his 15 mins in at the pumps :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Did he take just over 15 mins to “faff about” ?
Some drivers will take a tacho break whilst at the pumps. It’s bloody annoying-but if they were up front about it,rather than going in and out faffing about,I don’t think it would seem as bad.

Skippy70:
Some drivers will take a tacho break whilst at the pumps. It’s bloody annoying-but if they were up front about it,rather than going in and out faffing about,I don’t think it would seem as bad.

apart from being totally illegal to do that :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

wildfire:
probably trying to get his 15 mins in at the pumps :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

This ^. 100% guaranteed. :angry:

My first thought was a driver trying to get a break in on the pumps to.

I’m not one of the people who think you should run in and out as quickly as possible, but it’s bloody annoying when people mess about like this while others are waiting :unamused:

chill out chaps its just time but then imm hourly paid

They are asking for trouble if they are doing this while on break,not only are the receipts time and date stamped but places like oxford services are a magnet for vosa !

bjd:

daft response mate, Most of us are hourly paid. but i wud rather get home a bit quicker when i can and especially when iv been away all week rather than sit behind some knob trying to scrab every last penny he can out of his boss

The fleece is awful for it. 3 pumps taken up by 3 wagons from the same company and they are inside chatting. Invisible ketchup bottle shakers :imp:

DUFFMAN:
They are asking for trouble if they are doing this while on break,not only are the receipts time and date stamped but places like oxford services are a magnet for vosa !

VOSA were actually about in there. I did think about warning said driver but thought sod 'im, let him learn the hard way.

bjd:

+1

Skippy70:

Maybe they were up front about it, but no one was listening. :smiley:

Taking 15 on the pumps, eh? This was obviously what the bulk tipper driver was doing yesterday afternoon at Ferriby services going out of Hull, totally oblivious to the queue snaking back onto the slip road :open_mouth:

Muckaway:
Why do so many “professional” drivers fanny arse about when refuelling? I know most places have to see (but not actually check) your fuelcard, but why sit there in a queue, then when the pump’s clear then decide to go and queue up to hand card over? Experienced this yesterday at Oxford Services, driver puts nozzle in, wanders about, starts refuelling and once done, leaves lorry where it is. Pretty annoying but then he comes out after paying, walks back in, comes out again and then fills with adblue. Fannies about wandering around his lorry after filled, walks back in and does some shopping (day cabbed rigid by the way). I did find it funny when he sauntered back across the forecourt , tripped over a kerb and landed flat on his face. Very amuzing karma indeed for about 4 drivers he was holding up.

hand in the fuel card while queing then the clown behind the counter trys to use it with someone else then you end up trying to put your pin number in to a blocked card… erm no

wildfire:

45 mins! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: FTFY :sunglasses:

dazaster:
hand in the fuel card while queing then the clown behind the counter trys to use it with someone else then you end up trying to put your pin number in to a blocked card… erm no

^this

And I won’t do this either

Silver_Surfer:
Aye. I always pull forward if someone is waiting to get on if there is room.

Ever since I moved forward and the muppet on the till put both lots of diesel on my card ( took 3 weeks to get it back ) .

dazaster:

I put my card in early in the Shell garage at the Forth Bridge. Muppet then let a driver pay and leg it with my card :open_mouth: The manager of the garage phoned me two days later to say he had the card, I called in on the way home to collect it.

While we’re on the subject, why do some drivers line up to hand in their card? I get some funny looks but I go straight to the front of the queue. I resent handing my card in anyway - what’s the point? - so I don’t feel the need to line up twice.
And don’t get me started on that woman at Markham Moor s/b … :exclamation: