Taking breaks at pumps

Seems to be getting more common.
I stopped at A14 kentford at waited behind two DHL trucks at the pumps. Waited and waited. Before long a tidy line had formed ,so Igot out and had a look. Nobody filling up. I went into the shop and there they were, drinking coffee.

This is not the first time its happened . c’mon lads, be a little more considerate.

Did you say anything to them?

It is a selfish act and down to bad planning, either by the driver or their planner, if the run
is that tight, where a busy garage is used for a tacho break, that is just incompetent.
Leaning on the horn gets them to move.

Probably the same ones that slag caravans. :unamused:

Just like the Stobart driver at earlsgate about an hour ago except the girl in the shop didn’t know where he was. He probably went to McDonalds and left his truck blocking 1 of 2 pumps then couldn’t find his way back again :unamused:

Seen more and more take breaks on the hard shoulder of a motorway.

Just do what i do, trailer brake on, their faces are priceless :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Some of the pumps at Leicester Forest on the M1 are so slow that a fill-up takes near enough 15 minutes anyway.

I dont do it purposely but i usually get a 15 on the pump wether i need it or not, time i have walked in and handed in my card, come out filled both diesel tanks then 100 litres of adblue, then qued up and paid i.m usually just on 15 minutes

largebloke1969:

of course not, no one on here actually has the nerve to actually say anything to anyone they see doing something wrong out on the road, whether it’s blocking pumps, peeing up against their wagon in public or chucking rubbish into laybys, thats why they come one here and moan to other people and not actually have to deal with confrontation.

nurglets:

largebloke1969:

of course not, no one on here actually has the nerve to actually say anything to anyone they see doing something wrong out on the road, whether it’s blocking pumps, peeing up against their wagon in public or chucking rubbish into laybys, thats why they come one here and moan to other people and not actually have to deal with confrontation.

LOL :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chaversdad:
I dont do it purposely but i usually get a 15 on the pump wether i need it or not, time i have walked in and handed in my card, come out filled both diesel tanks then 100 litres of adblue, then qued up and paid i.m usually just on 15 minutes

Get ready for holier than thou brigade to come on and quote the WTD to you.

chaversdad:

I think everyone has done that at some point when they want to crack on a get home. Time it just right to go back in and pay when a few have gone in ahead of you and it’s job done.

chaversdad:

I wouldn’t do it, purposely or not.

I was in Sandbach Services and Mr DVSA was sat in his Galaxy, then he popped around to the drivers on the pumps - I assume to check they are not “Working” whilst on Break.

For the sake of 15 minutes, it’s not worth the risk.

This is up there with people doing their weekly shopping in the petrol station shop, all the time the queue of traffic just gets longer and longer. Got stuck for half an hour behind some dizzy hint in a horse box whilst she was doing her shopping. Thing is she had abandoned her truck so we couldn’t get onto either pump. When we went into the shop to see what the delay was, she said I’ll be out when finished my shopping.

Worst thing they did was put those mini supermarkets in petrol stations.

Hand on horn works :wink:

nick2008:

Didn’t work at Leigh Delamere the other week.

Ralph Davis driver decided to take a break on the pumps but didn’t even fill up!

The car transporter driver behind him was not a happy chap!

Bacon Sandwich:

nick2008:

Didn’t work at Leigh Delamere the other week.

Ralph Davis driver decided to take a break on the pumps but didn’t even fill up!

The car transporter driver behind him was not a happy chap!

So why not park in parking area for break then :confused: it was probably Taff. :smiley:

largebloke1969:

Bet the answer was no.

trubster:

chaversdad:

I wouldn’t do it, purposely or not.

I was in Sandbach Services and Mr DVSA was sat in his Galaxy, then he popped around to the drivers on the pumps - I assume to check they are not “Working” whilst on Break.

For the sake of 15 minutes, it’s not worth the risk.

I.m not saying its something i do, the point i was trying to make was that by the time i have filled 3 tanks and qued up twice it more often than not takes 15 minutes, i only fill up twice a week anyway so i wouldnt be gaining much