Tacho's on private truck

A point that interests me personally is the tacho requirement in all 7.5 ton and over vehicles not fin commercial use.

I’m an ex owner driver still holding an international ‘O’ licence & I’ve bought a 7.5 tonner to use as a race transporter for my hobby in motorcycle racing.(Ive packed in haulage now so can afford to race!!) If the (private) owner of a truck has to use a tacho, do they also have to keep these records for inspection?? and I take it the driver must adhere to ALL the relevant duty times. (bummer :frowning: )

I’m off to Spain with my truck for the first time in January for 4 days testing at Jerez and to ease things ‘over there’ I was going to put it on my ‘O’ licence for the duration to simplify things, do you guys think this necessary, it seems logical to me. (not being fluent in either French or Spanish)

One or two (11 :confused: ) of my friends bikes are going to be keeping my pride & joy company for the voyage and the owners may or may not be paying for the transport but none of this can be proven, I hope. Which is another reason for putting the litle wagon under the cover of my licence.

What do the experts think?

Ross.

Im no expert but interested to know what series you are racing in next year :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the quip

.(Ive packed in haulage now so can afford to race!!)

I agree that because you are carrying 10 other bikes down, an O licence and authorisation might be a good idea. Although all the bike transporters I have seen just have “Not for hire or reward” painted on the doors

My brother used to go down to Cartagena with his company van and a few mates bikes but it was only a sprinter so no operator licence needed although it did have a tacho

Hi ‘Wheel Nut’, I race a Yamaha TZ250GP bike in club meetings around the country and did the last round of the British 250GP Championship a few weeks ago at Cadwell. I’m fat & fifty so not at all suited to these fantastic little bikes but at my age I ride what I want not what people think I should.

I was at Cartagena a few years ago when the new pit garages were being built at Jerez and they wouldn’t open the circuit despite the fact that it had been booked a year before.

If that worked that should be a photo of me exiting ‘Clearways’ at Brands last year.

Ross.

bigr250:
Hi ‘Wheel Nut’, I race a Yamaha TZ250GP bike in club meetings around the country and did the last round of the British 250GP Championship a few weeks ago at Cadwell. I’m fat & fifty so not at all suited to these fantastic little bikes but at my age I ride what I want not what people think I should.

I was at Cartagena a few years ago when the new pit garages were being built at Jerez and they wouldn’t open the circuit despite the fact that it had been booked a year before.

If that worked that should be a photo of me exiting ‘Clearways’ at Brands last year.

Ross.

Brilliant bike. It was my mate who raced a TZ350 for Albion Street Motors in Salford that got me into bike racing. He used to do all the local circuits, Cadwell, Snetterton and Olivers Mount and was big friends with a young upstart called Ron Haslam :smiley:

I dont get a lot of time off but drive the race transporter for Padgetts of Batley occasionally if they are stuck for a driver