Tacho Question

Noticed yesterday that the mileage I had been filling in for the week on my tacho was not in kilometers cause someone had changed the odometer to read miles & i had’nt noticed :blush: ( will only pay attention to tacho reading in future, lesson learned )

If i just leave it will i get infringements or do i cross out what I’ve written on tacho & convert it back to Kilometers? Not sure what to do @ all

Cheers

wills

I would just put a note on on the back of the tacho stating figures in miles not kms. Looks very susspicious if you start crossing alot out.

i don’t think it matters whether you put km’s or miles, as long as the mileage adds up if you get stopped.

brit_mark:
i don’t think it matters whether you put km’s or miles, as long as the mileage adds up if you get stopped.

As another point ,its not a legal requirement to put the total milage in the bottom part,if you do and do the math wrong you will get an infringement.
same as start and finish addresses you can use the postcode as well.(was told that a few years ago by d.t.i inspector)

you can use the postcode as well

:exclamation: :exclamation: Never knew that :exclamation: :exclamation:

cheers henrys cat , brit_mark & gezt will put a note on back of tacho explaining what happened.